Old 14th July 2013, 04:46 PM

Default Suggestions

As someone who as been using emulation for around 15 years now, I can make a few suggestions.

First and foremost is a change to emulations most hallowed feature, and that is the beloved state save feature. Right now, F5 and F7 save and load respectively. Some emulators allow you to have those buttons as controller buttons that you can set manually - you can use buttons on the controller to load and save. That I found a lot easier on other emulators.

Secondly, go play Goldeneye and shoot some guys, and you will see the problem. I know the emulator isn't finished... but I just wanted to point that out in case no one has seen it.

Thirdly, is multi-core supported? I know that sounds stupid because its only N64, but I have a piece of crap lap top that can barely handle it. Is there anything that can be done in that respect?

4th, video recording: You press a button on the controller or keyboard to start recording your gameplay both video and audio. Also an option to make it so that when you state save, then you state load later, the emulator deletes the recording of what happened between the state save and state load. This could be useful for easily making TAS videos

5th, a modification to turbo speed. One of the controller plugins on PJ64 has turbo option. So you hold down the button on your controller and it presses the button several times per second as you hold it down. Its correctly refered to as auto-fire. Create an option where you can change the speed of auto-fire. Make it so that you can set a value (1-100) and it will autofire that many time per second. Make it so each turbo button can have its own value. This can be vital for perfect timing when theres only micro-seconds of room for error

Last edited by Cheer; 15th July 2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Another suggestion
Old 3rd August 2013, 02:22 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
as someone who as been using emulation for around 15 years now, i can make a few suggestions.

First and foremost is a change to emulations most hallowed feature, and that is the beloved state save feature. Right now, f5 and f7 save and load respectively. Some emulators allow you to have those buttons as controller buttons that you can set manually - you can use buttons on the controller to load and save. That i found a lot easier on other emulators.

Secondly, go play goldeneye and shoot some guys, and you will see the problem. I know the emulator isn't finished... But i just wanted to point that out in case no one has seen it.

Thirdly, is multi-core supported? I know that sounds stupid because its only n64, but i have a piece of crap lap top that can barely handle it. Is there anything that can be done in that respect?

4th, video recording: You press a button on the controller or keyboard to start recording your gameplay both video and audio. Also an option to make it so that when you state save, then you state load later, the emulator deletes the recording of what happened between the state save and state load. This could be useful for easily making tas videos

5th, a modification to turbo speed. One of the controller plugins on pj64 has turbo option. So you hold down the button on your controller and it presses the button several times per second as you hold it down. Its correctly refered to as auto-fire. Create an option where you can change the speed of auto-fire. Make it so that you can set a value (1-100) and it will autofire that many time per second. Make it so each turbo button can have its own value. This can be vital for perfect timing when theres only micro-seconds of room for error
use xpadder

Dr4xx3n Was Here
Old 5th August 2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4xx3n89 View Post
use xpadder
No. The point is: put it into the emulator so anyone who wants to use it doesn't have to download 3rd party software.
Old 28th September 2013, 08:31 AM

What exactly happens in Goldeneye?
Old 28th August 2014, 10:36 AM

Then in order to fix you would have to attempt one of the other things I said :P , as that is a Win32 access violation. So it'd be either because you're using an insufficient DRAM allocation table or lack the necessary SIMD extensions for the recompiler.
Old 28th August 2014, 08:44 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

#1 is legit. Would be nice.

#2 idk what you're on about

#3 is lame. The solution is not using multicore. If you can't handle single core, then your computer will not handle multicore well. If you want to run it better, use better settings and plugins.

#4 is meh. Not really an important feature. Time is scarce. There aren't enough people willing to devote time into adding features.

#5 lol turbo. That's solely has to with the input plugin. 100 times a second is unnecesary lol ;/ . 30 should be max, unless you're playing at a higher speed than 60 fps.