Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 3rd August 2016, 03:43 PM

Default 8-year user of Project64 finally registered on the forums!

Hi everybody,

I'm NobleUplift and I've been using Project64 I believe since I entered college in 2008 (can't remember whether I knew about the project in high school). Why study between classes when I could sit in the computer lab and play N64 games all day?

Anyway, since I bought the version of Mupen64Plus and then proceeded to laud Project64 while reviewing it, I felt like it was finally time to register on the Project64 site! I was thinking of donating but from what I can tell by a quick search, the donation page is down.

I'm debating on whether I should replay Shadowman using my phone or buy it on Steam, since I don't have a Windows laptop to waste time on. I definitely need to give Mario Kart 64 another playthrough. I always played it at friends' houses but never bought it myself, now the cart is $300!!!

Other than that, I've probably played TLOZ Ocarina of Time, Master Quest, and Majora's Mask about a dozen times between Project64 and Mupen64Plus.
Old 3rd August 2016, 05:25 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I always played those titles over just on Project64 1.6 and the real Mupen64 (before "Plus"), but I grew into the scene using Nemu64 to play everything.

Donation thing keeps going up and down all the time I guess in exchange with other stuff like adware. It's probably up again when I just don't know about it, because some nagware is supposed to be in the Windows port now to donate or whatever I think pretty soon. Other than that, there is choosing to pay for the Android port of Project64.
Old 4th August 2016, 06:53 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

$300 for a Mario Kart 64 cartridge? !!

Geez, I'll have to put all my carts on ebay... I have about 20 carts, though they are all (E) region.