Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 10th February 2017, 05:29 AM

Default GLideN64, Black screen, nVidia and More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35 View Post
Okay, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I recently saw that GLideN64 2.0 had been released, so I decided to see how it was and what changes for the better had been made. A few problems exist. I get a black screen on many games (RAREWARE games for example).

This can be avoided by disabling the framebuffer, but at the cost of otherwise fixed graphics issues. I'm unable to go full screen as well as I get a "failed to change display mode". I also can't use anti-aliasing. Anything above none results in black screen.

nVidia GTX 1050i (latest drivers)
8GB of RAM
Intel Core i7 3.4GHZ

Any tips?
***UPDATE***

Well, I resolved the issues!

It seemed to be related to the nVidia Control Panel settings. The AA settings were set to max (as it overides in-game settings giving most games a better overal look beyond intent) and seemed to cause some kind of conflict of interest so to speak. *Changing these settings to Application Controlled resolved this, FIXING the "black screen".

These setting changes also allowed me to increase the emu's AA without issue. As for the full screen issue it seemed to be related to 1280x720. Changing this to any other resolution allowed seemless transition between windowed and full screen. For the time being, all is well with the latest GLideN64 plugin and nVidia GPUs.

*If you use max settings in the control panel like I do, I recommend opening the nVidia Control Panel and under Manage 3D Settings choosing Program Settings as this will allow specific setting changes that will be unique to JUST Project 64. This allows the Global Settings to remain at your preference for use with various PC games. Simply find it in the drop down box or add it and set those AA settings to Application Controlled.

Last edited by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35; 10th February 2017 at 09:30 PM.