Old 30th March 2011, 09:43 PM
Project Supporter

Hold up, The emulator is causing you to BSOD? I thought your problem was that the emulator was just crashing while you were trying to use Jabo's plugins.

If you are getting BSODs, there must be another factor at work. Did you happen to write down what the BSOD showed as to what created the error? Also, I know from my Y550P that I had to go and remove a boatload of bloatware and disable some of Lenovo's custom devices that were included from the factory installation as they were causing some slight system issues (chkdsk failed to operate every time I tried to use it at boot until those particular devices were disabled. There also could have been other issues, but I have forgotten what they were.)

Also, downgrading your DX version is not possible (at least not through any simple means) and would also serve no purpose in this issue. More likely you should try to update your DX, in case it might not be or if it is missing certain components. Your drivers also should be all up to date (though, even the older ones should be able to handle DirectX 8 successfully).

Until then, I still won't know what the issue could be unless you show what your BSOD said specifically and/or you try to update your DX, drivers, and possibly the other components of windows (you never know, something else altogether may be affecting your DX operations).
Old 30th March 2011, 10:50 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

chkdsk has some issues on a vanilla windows 7 install on a laptop regardless.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 30th March 2011, 11:10 PM
Project Supporter

I guess that's probably true.

At least for my laptop (even on clean windows 7 x64, not just factory install) I had to go into the device manager and disable the Lenovo slidebar (useless navigation device that only works with Lenovo's driver and software) and Lenovo energy management (equally as useless) to get chkdsk to function again.

On a clean windows installation those two devices appear as unknown devices, but will still create the issue unless they are disabled. They might be on the Y550 (not Y550P, as that's my laptop) and creating problems, but I haven't looked at the Y550 to see if those "features" are present. I dunno if they would interfere with anything else beyond boot-up applications (caused same issue with boot-up defrag from Ultradefrag).

If those are present on his laptop, it might be a good idea to disable them whether they affect PJ64 or not.
Old 31st March 2011, 12:38 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini007 View Post
Hold up, The emulator is causing you to BSOD? I thought your problem was that the emulator was just crashing while you were trying to use Jabo's plugins.

If you are getting BSODs, there must be another factor at work. Did you happen to write down what the BSOD showed as to what created the error? Also, I know from my Y550P that I had to go and remove a boatload of bloatware and disable some of Lenovo's custom devices that were included from the factory installation as they were causing some slight system issues (chkdsk failed to operate every time I tried to use it at boot until those particular devices were disabled. There also could have been other issues, but I have forgotten what they were.)

Also, downgrading your DX version is not possible (at least not through any simple means) and would also serve no purpose in this issue. More likely you should try to update your DX, in case it might not be or if it is missing certain components. Your drivers also should be all up to date (though, even the older ones should be able to handle DirectX 8 successfully).

Until then, I still won't know what the issue could be unless you show what your BSOD said specifically and/or you try to update your DX, drivers, and possibly the other components of windows (you never know, something else altogether may be affecting your DX operations).
Its both, the error "while processing graphics data an exception occurred you made need to restart the emulator" keeps coming from Jabo3d8 1.7.0.56 after playing for a while with textures. I'm not using the latest one because of the graphical errors it has and its disability to not be able to go 16:9 like 1.7.0.56 can. The BSOD was some emulator error when I closed the emulator, but it happened without saying the error too. I can't really remember what the error said. I would tell you if I knew how to cause the BSOD again.

I'll try some stuff you guys said on the weekends I'm busy at the moment. One thing I did do for sure was get rid of most of the factory installions.
Old 31st March 2011, 01:04 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Access violation exception is from any of Jabo's D3D8 plugins I think. It can also be extra prone if you use cheats or save states to play the game.

I'm not sure if there is a degree of mass retexturing data that would correlate to an AV exception.
Old 31st March 2011, 04:19 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini007 View Post
I guess that's probably true.

At least for my laptop (even on clean windows 7 x64, not just factory install) I had to go into the device manager and disable the Lenovo slidebar (useless navigation device that only works with Lenovo's driver and software) and Lenovo energy management (equally as useless) to get chkdsk to function again.

On a clean windows installation those two devices appear as unknown devices, but will still create the issue unless they are disabled. They might be on the Y550 (not Y550P, as that's my laptop) and creating problems, but I haven't looked at the Y550 to see if those "features" are present. I dunno if they would interfere with anything else beyond boot-up applications (caused same issue with boot-up defrag from Ultradefrag).

If those are present on his laptop, it might be a good idea to disable them whether they affect PJ64 or not.
ok i have to correct myself, the chkdsk issue i was referring to is caused by laptops with IR.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 31st March 2011, 09:20 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
ok i have to correct myself

i'll bet that was hard
Old 31st March 2011, 05:37 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

lol, anyway, about some of those other plugins not showing up, I forgot that there was a recent report of this in one of the alpha versions, so I'm just curious if using an older beta version also makes a difference, like build 47

And that was still noble of sir squall while I didn't take the time to post about how I didn't know wth I was talking about. NVIDIA blah 200 something, it's a 3-digit decimal with yet another one of those damn suffixes that makes a big frekkin' difference every time. Obviously then yeah the person has HDD errors or variants of malware infection.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:01 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Obviously then yeah the person has HDD errors or variants of malware infection.
Are you referring that to me, if so.....I have know I scan my laptop everyday with Microsoft Security Essentials
Old 1st April 2011, 12:44 AM
Project Supporter

Pff. Crap.

Spybot or AVG.