Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Cheats

Old 9th February 2018, 08:18 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

You'd think there would be a source for data or resources with the fixed camera and other things at some place.

I will admit to dodging that request since I don't have great knowledge of SM64 programming,and to say this...

Why is there no definitive hacked version of Super Mario 64 with bugfixes and the most enhancements one could ask for,all while the entire game can still run normally and be fully completed in the same manner as vanilla SM64 and perhaps even playable on an actual console for proved accuracy?
Old 12th February 2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
You'd think there would be a source for data or resources with the fixed camera and other things at some place.

I will admit to dodging that request since I don't have great knowledge of SM64 programming,and to say this...

Why is there no definitive hacked version of Super Mario 64 with bugfixes and the most enhancements one could ask for,all while the entire game can still run normally and be fully completed in the same manner as vanilla SM64 and perhaps even playable on an actual console for proved accuracy?
That would be the Shindou version...ideally with Gamemasterplc's widescreen patch, and draw distance code:
812A459C 2400
812E53AC 2400
81309EF8 2400
81309F8C 1000
81383A70 2400
81383B38 2400
81383B50 2400
81385EF8 1000
Old 13th February 2018, 05:05 AM

@gamemasterplc

Could you make a tutorial on how on what values to search/replace for when looking for N64 games? I guess a rundown on the process.

Similar to this tutorial for ps1 widescreen codes on pcsx2 website

Thanks!
Old 13th February 2018, 11:37 PM

Default Diddy Kong Racing NTSC-U v1.1

In DKR, most characters handle like garbage. Can you make a code that makes all characters turn sharply (like Pipsy)?

Last edited by Rafaelele; 13th February 2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old 14th February 2018, 02:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

How about some hints instead?

I can at least say what Taj doesn't already tell you when beating bosses.

One thing Taj tells you also works on balloons to make races much less difficult.

Another thing is that heavy characters like Banjo and Krunch can get INSANE speed boosts if you exploit their drifts well enough,well up to 120mph but its difficult,but Diddy and others don't get the same benefits with drifting.
A TAS of the game uses Banjo and his mad drifting skills to blast through all car races alone while others are no problem for him due to his top speed.

Plane races can be cheesed with doing sideways tricks in a chain while not holding A in order to reach crazy speeds,but be careful not to accidentally do vertical tricks which slow you down.

Hovercrafts are the most limited vehicle type in the game,having no true speed exploits,the only thing you can really do is find out how to prevent dead stops when boosting or turning and practice to figure out the fastest route via T.T. mode.

TBH,making such a code/s would take tons of time and effort and research,and I can't handle that level of effort,let alone in a reasonable amount of time. Sorry. :/
Old 15th February 2018, 01:37 AM

Default Mario Kart 64 [U]

Okay...how about a code that prevents the camera from zooming out when dragging items behind you?

*crickets*

Last edited by Rafaelele; 18th February 2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 18th February 2018, 12:42 AM

Hi Retroben.

I'm asking for some codes for Star Wars Episode I Racers:
1- Make it so the background music is present during all the race and not just the final lap.
2- In 2 Player mode there's some kind of automatic handicap that can't be disabled. This lowers the top speed for the one leading and increases the top speed from the one behind. It's very unfair and you even can beat courses and laps records!! Can you make a code so speed in 2 Player mode doesn't change and records can't be beaten?

Thanks.
Old 18th February 2018, 01:40 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFCfZWeW_XI

Are you playing with these cheats?
Old 18th February 2018, 01:35 PM

Hi theboy181.

I wasn't using the code in that video description until you pointed out in the other thread. But I see no difference in multiplayer or music. What exactly does the code?

I tried unmodified rom and patched rom with the High Definition patch, with cheats and without cheats.
Old 18th February 2018, 03:10 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The code is for people who donít know how to patch. Anyway I was wondering if you were using HD version. It doesnít fix the issues you spoke of but it sounds like the later issue is a bit of a bug. I would like to see it fixed but finding that exact function will be really tricky.