Old 1st February 2007, 02:41 PM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

Default Site redesign

We are redesigning this site with a new layout/logo/color scheme. The current logo, I designed very early in the life of the emulator and was the basis of the current color scheme for the site. I would like to go with a color scheme that is similar to the n64 logo, green, red, blue and yellow. I am looking at having a small logo that will sit to the left or behind s.ome text. There would have to be matching set of icons to go with the logo. The main focus would be more on the text then on the image. The logo will appear on the site, as well as the logo and icons will be in the next version of project64.
Here are some samples of the type of thing I am looking at. These are modifications of the work sick_deal and jahra!n have done.

If you want to submit any images please post here. We assume that anything you post you are giving us permission to use it freely, and that they are yours to give! If we use any of your work we will add you to the credits list of the emulator
Old 1st February 2007, 02:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Default I like...

I personally like the top design in both categories. They'd look much better with color though , which I am sure you are planning on already.
Old 1st February 2007, 05:31 PM
Project Supporter

Default #4

Personally I like #4 the best, its fancy, but simple too. I hope that since the site is getting a visual upgrade, the GUI of PJ64 will as well (not just its icon).
Old 2nd February 2007, 09:09 PM

Default written by Preasagium99

I really prefer the #4. It's stylish and nice! With a bit of color it's gonna be over the top ;D
Old 3rd February 2007, 06:12 PM

Default written by chiklit

I like the first logo, with the text from the second logo. And the 4th icon design.
Old 4th February 2007, 06:55 AM

Default written by thelocaluk

I also like the top designs in both categories, they both look like they represent the Nintendo brand.
Old 9th February 2007, 08:53 AM

Default written by Hourayra

Hello !
First .. we wont ever say it enough
THANK YOU
for bringing us the best emulator out of the internet
I hadnt the chance to play super mario and zelda oot , now I do perfectly, with a very well crafted program, simple n stable...
For the logo
The second is the best but dont put anything more than the name, it gets overloaded
no need for a logo at the left of the name
Project 64 with nintendo 64 emulator under it is much enough and sexy lol
Old 9th February 2007, 08:41 PM

Default written by lastgbfan

I think the 3-D perspective, positioning and the typeface/font on the colored logo looks more like "AJ64" than PJ64. The overall perspective looks like it zooms off to the upper right corner, so it makes my head tilt to the left and read the "P" into an "A". Sorry if I'm not making much sense, but that's how I see it. Maybe if the "J" was lowered a bit somehow?

The silver logo looks A LOT like an "e" (and the "j" almost disappears into the surrounding ellipse). The silver logo in the 3rd icon set looks good though, especially if it's with the 16x16 icon in the 4th set.

One question sort of bugs me. Is the letter "J" really necessary at all in any of the logos? They might be more successful without it.

Maybe consider a different font than Palatino for the rest of the "Project 64" logo because it doesn't seem to fit well together with either of the logos. Maybe try a sans-serif font?
Old 13th February 2007, 12:36 PM

Default written by Raul

i recently made for yours n_n

thanks

Old 15th February 2007, 06:24 AM

Default written by darkh4wk

I liked the first one
but the logo designed by Raul is very cool too =]

Tags
site news