Old 24th February 2007, 10:53 PM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

Default Blog Categories

I am in the process of upgrading the pj64.net site, not just with a new look but upgrading the underlying infrastructure. One of the main reasons of upgrading is to make it easier to blog what is going on, to have a better dialog of what we are doing/planning/trying to achieve. So at the moment I am looking at the categories the blogs posts would fall in to.
Here is a rough idea of what I am thinking, what does everyone else think?
  • Development
  • Graphics emulation
  • CPU emulation
  • Features
  • Games
  • Site
  • Miscellaneous pj64 information
  • Non pj64 related
Old 25th February 2007, 02:33 AM

Default written by Need

Project64 need
-Turbo buttons
-Configure buttons for game, or all games
-Configure same button for same key
-Suport for vibration joystiks
-Transfer pokemon, to gameboy emu, to project64 pokemon stadium
Old 25th February 2007, 05:30 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Project64 Team

I don't think we were asking for what we needed here at least.

Anyway I think this sounds like a fantastic idea, giving PJ a more blog feel to it would make it look less emu-ey
Old 25th February 2007, 08:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The list you suggested kinda seems rather unbalanced. For example, there is one category on graphics emulation, but none on sound and input. Now, obviously, a blog on sound and input emulation would not have a lot of news in it, especially compared to graphics, but that's why I think the categories should not be divided into individual plugin performance and emulation. Also, 'features', regarding news of added features, would kind of fall under development in a way.

I think it would be hard to have a proper organization of all considered categories. Who knows; you might end up adding categories later on, but I think just having a single page containing all news topics as it is now is simple enough. You probably could manage a good organization of categories, but I don't see the point in it. Yes, it organizes the news posts, but it doesn't really make things easier or harder overall for the viewer. Although, actually, if you're doing to starting making a lot of updates soon, at least weekly, maybe even daily, then organization of the updates into categories would be useful.

I'll still try to come up with a list, either way. Perhaps, five topics, all regarding the five areas of development of Project64? If you just put Development down, then there isn't much left to organize that doesn't fall under that, so...

[UL]
[LI]Compatibility[/LI]
[LI]Stability[/LI]
[LI]Features[/LI]
[LI]Speed[/LI]
[LI]Website[/LI]
[/UL]

These five terms could have the world 'development' after them for clarification.

yes, some people prefer to look into plugin developement over core development news and vice versa, but all of these people are sure to have one interest in common when viewing the site news: The development of Project64, being the purpose of this whole website, being why I chose five development sections instead of various categories tht are unequal in worth and contrast each other.
Old 26th February 2007, 06:42 AM

Default written by MrJW

No offense, but I don't see the need of making categories for sorting the articles.
There aren't that much posts anyway.
Old 26th February 2007, 07:57 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Administrator

Your right, with how much content there is at the moment it is not worth it. One of the main reasons of the site redesign is that we can create a lot more content to help tell people what we are doing.
Old 27th February 2007, 06:30 PM

Default written by APZRman

I'm think ing of a cheat blog. might not be a good idea, but if u discover any cheats for any game, u could put it in
Old 28th February 2007, 01:51 AM

Default written by Stephanie

Hey i downloaded the emulator for super mario 64.. and the get the flying wing cap thing you need to be able to change mario's camera view with a "c" button... but there's no configuration for the "c" button.. so like.... how do i get the cap???
Old 28th February 2007, 10:58 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

By stomping on the switch. :P

You honestly don't ever need to use the C-buttons at any point in the game, though they do help in a number of situations. I have my own preferences, but if you really want the C-buttons to function so badly, configure them in your input plugin.

Project64 > Options menu > Configure Controller Plugin...

Still, you don't need it. Now if you're going to ask more questions, may I suggest replying with something on-topic to this 'thread' at the same time?
Old 3rd March 2007, 03:43 PM

Default written by eric

i cant open arom becuse of the graphic plug in. How do i fix it?

Tags
site news