Old 3rd May 2011, 02:11 PM

Default Rumble Pak with Conker?

I have a USB adapter that is Rumble Pak compatible, and it seems to work fine with every game I have tried so far except Conker's Bad Fur Day.

At the game select screen after the intro it says "insert Rumble Pak", and nothing I try seems to get it to acknowledge it. Yet it works in other games.

Anyone else have this problem? Or a suggestion?
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:45 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Um 1.6 Jabo's DirectInput IIRC doesn't have a support device for the rumble pak, but the device you're using might be triggering something in the game. You can either try disabling it to test the game with only your keyboard or using a different plugin for controller input.
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:32 PM

I'm using N-Rage Direct-Input8 v2.2 beta, and it sure does support rumble.

As I said in the OP, rumble works perfectly for every game I've tried except Conker.

Same setting and everything. When I switch to a different game, the rumble works fine again. Back to Conker, nothing.
Old 4th May 2011, 12:07 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well, that was my suggestion. Either narrow the problem down to the rumble device, the plugin, or the ROM.

So try using Jabo's DirectInput 1.6 (which, again, doesn't have rumble support) to test with just the keyboard, and see if the game still asks you about rumble pak detection.
Old 4th May 2011, 08:49 AM

You're talking about Jabo's DirectInput7 v1.6, right? There's a drop down bar on the right side of the configuration screen with Rumble as one of the choices, which I assume means it does have rumble support. Or is it a different version you mean?

Still, I picked "none" for device and loaded up Conker. It still says "insert Rumble Pak".

I also tried DarkMan's DInput v4.0, which doesn't seem to have rumble anywhere in the configuration menu, so I assume it's not supported. Used keyboard inputs/device:none as well to be safe. Loaded up Conker, and it also says "insert Rumble Pak".

So what do you think? Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 4th May 2011, 12:43 PM

Well, now, never mind! It does work!

It's just that Conker very very very very very very very very rarely uses the rumble.

Much to my surprise, after playing for a couple of hours, something caused it to rumble (a stick of dynamite well into the game).
Old 4th May 2011, 04:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

If the rumble option showed up that means my suggestion wasn't fully executed at first.

As expected though the notification of minimal use of rumble by the game is easily gotten around.

IDK you asked for ideas in your original post so I thought I'd give some.
Old 5th May 2011, 02:55 AM

Thanks for the help!

Kind of lame that Conker makes so little use of the rumble.
Old 5th May 2011, 03:44 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Honestly I was surprised to learn there was rumble functionality in it. Then again I never played the game much. =[ I just read a lot about it, and the rumble device wasn't one of them I think.