Old 3rd November 2015, 06:30 PM

Unhappy Full Screen Flickering Glitch

Never before have I tried this program, but I currently have Windows 10 installed if that's any indication.
When I set my game to full screen, it enters full screen and the game runs smoothly but the game display flickers repeatedly from the game to a blank, black screen. If I turn up the emulator's full-scene anti-aliasing to any amount, the game's display functions perfectly... but the "full screen" is just a windowed version of the emulator. Is there a fix to my full-screen issue or do I just have to deal with it?
The graphics plugin I'm currently using is Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6, Full-Screen doesn't even begin to work with any other plugin.
Please and thank you.
Old 3rd November 2015, 07:19 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yup,Windows 10...
Set compatibility mode to Windows 7 and unfortunately avoid using the D3D plugins.

We need an expertly made guide on how to install Windows 7 over new Win10 PCs complete with all the updates excluding Win10 related ones.
I am stuck having to soul-search for the remaining Win7 PCs with high enough specs (Dolphin Emu) since Windows 8/8.1 sucks from dropped support.

1. Windows 10 justifiably sucks because of spyware,adware,forced updates,being slower than Windows 7,so many BSoDs,and lost support for D3D8 and lower.

2. Windows 8 justifiably sucks because of dropped support,bad compatibility and instability issues caused by immense OS differences affecting thousands of games,and those horrendous OS (power users hate these) changes.

Sorry,can't avoid those tangents since I really need a good Windows 7 laptop,and it is immensely harder to get one when you want good specs,and some greedy @$$HOLES are jacking up the price because they know how bad Windows 8 and 10 are for power users.

If Microsoft would release a physical version of Windows 10 to buy without the spyware,adware,and other crap in it,people would accept it more.
What's so bad about paying 90$ one time to get it without that garbage in it?
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:00 PM

Yes I agree, everything is so much more complicated when it comes to the software I want to use and the pay-off with Windows 10 isn't really worth it.
It sucks that things are always screwing up so I completely understand why you're on a hunt lol
Thanks, friend!
Old 6th November 2015, 03:35 PM

I had this problem with windows 10 as well, I went to graphics config and set the full screen sync to double/triple buffer and haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps.
Old 4th December 2015, 12:25 AM

Play with Project 64 2.2!
Old 4th December 2015, 02:50 AM

I really hate changing OSes but there are damn necessarily because tech keeps evolving and you wake up one day and your ancient computer doesnt work anymore, then naturally you go to a Computer shop (physical or online) and buy a brand new PC hoping that your experience with it would be far better only to discover that now you are screwed by a new OS and its perks...
Old 8th December 2015, 12:19 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

As of the latest update published this week, Windows 10 flickering issues are solved.
(The update bumps Windows to build 10586).

Tags
flickering, graphics plugin, jabo's direct3d8 1.6, pj64 1.6