Old 25th September 2013, 04:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alajarvi84 View Post
How exactly is rice bad ? For me it is the only plugin that runs Conker BFD full speed with maximum resolution and without texture errors of any kind. The other ones are extremely buggy (GLN64+Glide64), i mean the textures (if there is even) stretch to hell with GLN64 and Glide64 misses a lot of textures + 2D objects are missing (like grass). Rice draws everything so good, its like playing N64 except HD The device is Note 10.1 N8020 and CM-10.2 20130209 Nightly (4.3JB)

Settingscwith rice are output:native, scaling:none, flicker:auto, limiter:no, skip:no, fast txt crc:no, fast txt loading:yes, filtering:yes, mipmap:no, screen update method:after drawn, enhancement:scale 2x, hires textures:yes.

Audio resampling:sinc (fastest)

Play Mystical Ninja 64, the HUD is upside down and it screws up the textures. Rice is horribly outdated, Glide 64 makes the game look and run perfectly.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 26th September 2013, 09:25 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDP View Post
You know, the Pokemon Snap red dot issue really makes me wonder how many of the bugs associated with Mupen64Plus actually come down to the core emulation itself or the plugins, seeing as how any plugin based on the Angrylion/MESS RDP code fixes it and makes that game fully playable (very slowly, but technically issue-free). I would love to see Angrylion's plugin ported for use with Mupen64Plus for this reason.
And what, pray tell, is the issue again? Why should angrylion's stuff be ported when it is super slow even on Haswell?
Old 26th September 2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxatax View Post
And what, pray tell, is the issue again? Why should angrylion's stuff be ported when it is super slow even on Haswell?
For the purposes of testing, mostly. Though I suppose it's not the biggest priority at the moment. Would just be nice to have a software renderer of some kind, at least for future posterity.
Old 27th September 2013, 12:02 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Maybe when software rendering isn't super slow (as in never), it would be a good idea to implement it, but for now, yeah...not so much.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:38 AM

So is there any interest in making the monitor resolution independent of the video resolution for fullscreen winmupen? (ie allowing the monitor resolution to stay native) It should fix any re-scaling issues.