Super Moderator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
Oh, fuck it!
Play nice .
Quote:
Do you want me to quote EVERY SINGLE TIME i've seen you and the likes of you insult someone without real reasons? It would make a looooooooooooooooooooooooong post.
Oh please... Try taking responsibility for your own actions. You came in here, started trash talking, and now are complaining about how people are treating you... Logic not even once .
Quote:
And as i said, i'll be more respectful if the next build doesn't force me to spent a whole day doing my job for the simple installation of an emulator.
OK lol. And I'll be less respectful if the next build doesn't contain adware . Gotta weed out the weak .
Old 11th April 2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
And as i said, i'll be more respectful if the next build doesn't force me to spent a whole day doing my job for the simple installation of an emulator.
No intention to be rude, but all you had to do was reading each window during the installation and click the right buttons to avoid installing the ad's.
Old 11th April 2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriztr View Post
No intention to be rude, but all you had to do was reading each window during the installation and click the right buttons to avoid installing the ad's.
It may come as a shock, but most people don't read installers all that closely. If the installer randomly offered to send your personal details to Russian mobsters before formatting C drive, "Hey, but they agreed to it!" probably wouldn't hold up in court. Especially if it was an obtuse opt-out question with multiple stages.
Old 11th April 2015, 01:10 PM
Project Supporter

Then they should get used to having their PC littered with adware because that's what will happen sooner or later if they don't bother with it at all, be PJ64 part of that or not. Osaka is talking like he administers PJ64 for a multitude of people, then he should tell them how to install it correctly, if he can't figure that out joke's on him.

@Osaka
Btw I'd be really interested in that list, because I'm sure that you will quote most of the things completely out of context and without any understanding of the background behind those "insults". There surely are going to be some that are genuinely unwarranted, but this is a forum on the internet with many different people and sometimes someone stands up on the wrong foot or w/e, but this is hardly exclusive to this place. That said I agree with RPGMaster that you shouldn't project onto you how others reacted to others as that has nothing at all to do with you and how we reacted to you and trying to scape goat some random discussion as evidence of an apparent status quo is not going to help your cause.
Old 11th April 2015, 05:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Ad hominem attacks are the way to go nowadays, right? Right?? Cut the crap, Osaka, no one truly cares for your "sentiments" or your feigning innocuousness.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 15th April 2015, 11:17 PM

Ok, LostOsaka, we've heard your gripe, please come back when you want to be constructive.

Thank you for bringing up this thread.

I remember asking for source code for 1.6 several years ago and I received a pretty dismissive response after a period of silence. That question could certainly be annoying, that topic wasn't in the project's interest at the time, and the masses that demanded it explained an inevitable sense of jadedness. Even though I understood these circumstances, the interaction still left a sour impression.

I felt like I was given a message of unwelcomeness despite having an interest in the project the regular person may not have. Meh.

I don't know what the exact issue was over Jabo splitting, but I think this jadedness was something the both of them sadly developed.

I'm glad Zilmar has come back to work on it, despite everything. It has become a very healthy open source project with his guidance, I agree.

Zilmar, thank you for coming back and continuing Project64. I really value everything you've put forth and sparked. I'd like to see you a bit more enthusiastic and less silent, though. (I do like reading all your technical bits on GitHub, though. ) Keep up all the good work on PJ64!

/me enters lurk mode
Old 17th April 2015, 05:04 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Red face

Omg, after reading some cringeworthy posts on reddit, I felt the need to post here.

I'm seriously getting tired of people hating on project64 because of a less than perfect configuration settings or plugin related problems. If people are too lazy to configure their settings that's on them. Same with setting up plugins / using alternatives. It boggles my mind how people are willing to settle for less, just so they don't have to configure/tweak stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerschnitzel View Post
I remember asking for source code for 1.6 several years ago and I received a pretty dismissive response after a period of silence. That question could certainly be annoying, that topic wasn't in the project's interest at the time, and the masses that demanded it explained an inevitable sense of jadedness. Even though I understood these circumstances, the interaction still left a sour impression.

I felt like I was given a message of unwelcomeness despite having an interest in the project the regular person may not have. Meh.
I recall seein that thread actually. I don't blame you for how you felt. On the bright side, things are lookin better now . Despite what end-users who don't know wth they are talking about, say / think.
Old 22nd April 2015, 07:58 PM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.

Everybody who is gay for zilmar should automatically become moderators! Just kidding. I myself have said some pretty obnoxious stuff (like just now) until HatCat put me straight "shudder". Zilmar IS under-appreciated. He shouldn't be. He is the head (and the only) developer for Project 64, which is probably the best Nintendo 64 Emulator out there, in most circumstances. Nobody or nothing is perfect. That includes zilmar. There are things I would like to happen, such as zilmar creating a GFX and Audio Plugin for Project 64, since Jabo is gone now. It would be nice if he got rid of the adware/malware, but it is his decision and it is easy to avoid installing it. He's done a great job with Project 64 so far, so he deserves respect.
Old 22nd April 2015, 08:40 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddMLan View Post
Official thread of the year.

And zilmar just doesn't give a **** he's been constantly flamed to death for the ads in the installer

Gotta admire him for that
Quoted 4 truth .
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGnashburg View Post
Zilmar IS under-appreciated. He shouldn't be.
I'm glad you have seen the light .
Quote:
There are things I would like to happen, such as zilmar creating a GFX and Audio Plugin for Project 64, since Jabo is gone now.
Why? That's what the plugin spec design is for. So that people can focus on specific parts. zilmar does not have the time to do everything. I would much rather have him focus on the core. Other people can work on gfx and audio.
Quote:
It would be nice if he got rid of the adware/malware, but it is his decision and it is easy to avoid installing it.
But if he removed adware, he would get less money ;/ . So I think it's NICE that he has a way of making steady cash. I intentionally install ads just to help out my fellow HERO! Not even kidding tbh.. I do what I can .
Quote:
He's done a great job with Project 64 so far, so he deserves respect.
Indeed .
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:59 AM
Project Supporter

Location: Canada; a place with free universal healthcare and f*ckload of oil and Uranium.

@RPGMaster
My computer is cherry, so I don't want any malware on it, but it's easy enough to avoid installing, so I don't really worry about it. Also forgot that the reason for his plugin specs was so he could focus on the core. By the way RPGMaster, weren't you working on some sort of audio or video plugin? Whatever happened to that?

Last edited by OldGnashburg; 23rd April 2015 at 01:05 AM.

Tags
project 64, zilmar