Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 6th February 2015, 06:27 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Default An IRC alternative to talk development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerschnitzel View Post
+1 I'd like to follow along.

It's good to see folks other than zilmar making commits to emulation. I've enjoyed alot of the technical posts on recompilers and interpreters. Useful stuffs.
Yeah. And sometimes I just say way too much on GitHub/forums, and can't like, shut up, lol.

I was really hoping for a separate, free space for active, quick communication, help people with things more efficiently and keep just the relevant stuff to GitHub issues so that I can contain myself from flowing over them with too many details.

So, I'm presuming that nobody would object to Freenode having the channel, as pj64 is an open-source project now?
Old 6th February 2015, 06:30 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well if people want to try, it's currently located #project64 on irc.freenode.net, for those who already know how to point their clients.

One drawback behind IRC: I get the fair feeling that zilmar most likely won't have any time for it, or interest, so this is mostly just an open space. If you're prepared to talk about any ideas in a discussion room that most likely won't have zilmar on it, then by all means.

But on the other hand if you just want to have a place to check out if the forums are down / database crashed or just want to idle in and look it's there for that too anyway.
Old 7th February 2015, 01:42 AM

It's ok if zilmar doesn't want to participate in IRC. It would still be a great space for "beta" conversations that may not be forum worthy. I.E. explaining wtf the last commit changed so I can test it.