Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 6th April 2015, 07:15 AM

Default I sometimes feel Zilmar is underappreciated.

Zilmar has faults. I'm sure people will be all to happy to bring them up. But I feel that Zilmar's dedication and hard work in N64 emulation is all too often forgotten. People praise the PJ64 team. They don't praise Zilmar, who has spent untold hours of his life on this project. He didn't have to come back to work on PJ64 after open sourcing it, but he did. And with his input the project is alive again, and making steady progress. Yes, some people were making tweaks to PJ64 in his absence. But there was no real organised development.

Just wanted to bring that up.
Old 8th April 2015, 04:09 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Red face

I always feel that zilmar is underappreciated. Some of the hate I've seen towards windows emulators is cringeworthy. I wish people did some fact checking before hating .
Old 8th April 2015, 11:55 AM

Uses adware he is literally the devil. /s
Old 8th April 2015, 03:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I admit, and I do confess that..my attitude hasn't exactly been contributory or conducive to many, if not almost all the threads for a long time. I also want to say I've felt very bad for not giving him the credit where it's due as he has and still puts up with a lot of bulls**t from the frustrations of programming. Oh and the fact he has a crazy busy life like a job, family, and the fact he has done and continues to take the time to work on this is nothing short of a miracle.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 8th April 2015, 11:09 PM
Project Supporter

The thing is that there are people that don't care about emulation or the immense amount of work that is involved with it, they want to play their warez and don't care how or what does it. And then they see the name zilmar on the download page and notice that they get hit by adware and immediately think this dude is an ass (completely neglecting the fact that without zilmar we would pretty much have no n64 emulation at all or at least not in its current form, for them zilmar = the reason they got ads = the devil)
Old 9th April 2015, 02:30 AM
Project Supporter

It's a known cognitive bias that we more easily remember and emphasise negative interactions rather than positive.
Old 9th April 2015, 09:25 AM

Oooooooooooooook now this is creepy.

Project 64 spent years having iterations that made more wrong than right, being closed source with donations, and now it invades people's computers with malware using the most shady installation system i ever saw.

So why does exactly zilmar deserves credit? for doing EXACTLY what Mupen64 and other groups are doing, but worse? Can you please tell me how come that PPSSPP and Dolphin are near perfection and Project 64, beign in development since 2001 is such a mess? Hell, even Saturn emulation is in a better shape.
Old 9th April 2015, 09:51 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
Oooooooooooooook now this is creepy.

Project 64 spent years having iterations that made more wrong than right, being closed source with donations, and now it invades people's computers with malware using the most shady installation system i ever saw.
I'm honestly mind blown at how it's possible for a human being like yourself to be so retarded.
Quote:
So why does exactly zilmar deserves credit? for doing EXACTLY what Mupen64 and other groups are doing, but worse?
Send me the link to Mupen 64's official LLE RSP .
Quote:
Can you please tell me how come that PPSSPP and Dolphin are near perfection and Project 64, beign in development since 2001 is such a mess?
Dolphin is so perfect yet it has really high system requirements
Quote:
Hell, even Saturn emulation is in a better shape.
Even if it's true, not really a bad thing considering how much praise it gets.
Old 9th April 2015, 10:05 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
So why does exactly zilmar deserves credit? for doing EXACTLY what Mupen64 and other groups are doing, but worse? Can you please tell me how come that PPSSPP and Dolphin are near perfection and Project 64, beign in development since 2001 is such a mess? Hell, even Saturn emulation is in a better shape.
Stop comparing unrelated emulation projects, its an useless measure of quality. Things happen as they happen and there are different people working on different emulators with different schedules and different levels of knowledge and some consoles are harder to emulate than others (and newer = harder doesn't necessarily have to be the case).

You put the emphasis on the word EXACTLY already yourself. Who do you think is the reason they all are able to use the same plugins so that work in that regard doesn't have to be duplicated?
Old 9th April 2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I'm honestly mind blown at how it's possible for a human being like yourself to be so retarded.
OHOHOHOHOHOHOH AMAZING! This being the first thing you write as a reply makes you completely ignorable. Howere, i'll take the endeavour to take you as a human being.
Quote:
Send me the link to Mupen 64's official LLE RSP
I'll do something better: Go to libretro, download Retroarch and start launching games.

Quote:
Dolphin is so perfect yet it has really high system requirements
This is pretty childish. Also you're forgetting to take in account the power difference, the compatibility and the fuckhuge speed at the emulator is evolving. btw, my computer can take a decent number of games launched by Dolphin, but still has issues with some Pj64.

Quote:
Even if it's true, not really a bad thing
It is, taking in account how complex Saturn was, heck even PS2 emulation is in a better state.

Quote:
Stop comparing unrelated emulation projects, its an useless measure of quality
No, it isn't. We're talking about emulation from the same console, emulation for consoles a lot more complex than N64 AND an emulator that has reached a better state of emulation without falling in plugin hell and greatly optimized.

Quote:
Things happen as they happen
Lamest excuse ever.

Quote:
Who do you think is the reason they all are able to use the same plugins so that work in that regard doesn't have to be duplicated?
So? First and foremost, plugins shouldn't be neccesary AT ALL, there are Playstation emulators without plugins, Saturn emulation doesn't use plugins, GC/Wii neither, nor does DS and PSP emulation.

Tags
project 64, zilmar