Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 9th April 2015, 02:49 PM
Ambient_Malice Ambient_Malice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
Oooooooooooooook now this is creepy.

Project 64 spent years having iterations that made more wrong than right, being closed source with donations, and now it invades people's computers with malware using the most shady installation system i ever saw.

So why does exactly zilmar deserves credit? for doing EXACTLY what Mupen64 and other groups are doing, but worse? Can you please tell me how come that PPSSPP and Dolphin are near perfection and Project 64, beign in development since 2001 is such a mess? Hell, even Saturn emulation is in a better shape.
Project 64 1.4 was open source. That fact is never given enough attention.

Zilmar is a very good coder who has helped N64 emulation across the board. His plugin spec was two-edged, but ultimately beneficial. Project 64 is rapidly regaining its crown as the king of N64 emulators under Zilmar's guidance. The fact he actually bit the bullet and came back instead of abandoning the project is noteworthy. So many emulation projects are dead because there just wasn't enough dedication. 1964 and Mupen64 are both very good emulators, but Project 64 still has the edge.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 9th April 2015, 03:05 PM
=X= Smasherx74 =X= =X= Smasherx74 =X= is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient_Malice View Post
Project 64 1.4 was open source. That fact is never given enough attention.

Zilmar is a very good coder who has helped N64 emulation across the board. His plugin spec was two-edged, but ultimately beneficial. Project 64 is rapidly regaining its crown as the king of N64 emulators under Zilmar's guidance. The fact he actually bit the bullet and came back instead of abandoning the project is noteworthy. So many emulation projects are dead because there just wasn't enough dedication. 1964 and Mupen64 are both very good emulators, but Project 64 still has the edge.
It was given plenty of attention, 1.5 was just dramatically better which is why using the source of 1.4 seemed obsolete. (here we go insulting zilmar again)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 9th April 2015, 05:34 PM
LostOsaka LostOsaka is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Default

Well, seems like waiting for some kind of elaborated answer is hopeless *sigh*
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 9th April 2015, 07:11 PM
LostOsaka LostOsaka is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Default

Given that i'm not spitting insults so easily as you then yes, i may be better than you at least in that regard.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 9th April 2015, 07:43 PM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,008
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
I'll do something better: Go to libretro, download Retroarch and start launching games.
******. You said "So why does exactly zilmar deserves credit? for doing EXACTLY what Mupen64 and other groups are doing, but worse?". Yet most emulators don't have their own official LLE RSP. PJ64 is probably the only N64 emulator that can run WDC, Stunt Racer 64, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
This is pretty childish. Also you're forgetting to take in account the power difference, the compatibility and the fuckhuge speed at the emulator is evolving. btw, my computer can take a decent number of games launched by Dolphin, but still has issues with some Pj64.
LOL @ you calling me childish. How ironic considering the fact that you can't even practice what you preach. I was able to run games at full speed 10 years ago with n64 emulators. No excuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
It is, taking in account how complex Saturn was, heck even PS2 emulation is in a better state.
No... I'm skeptical about PS2 emulation being in a better state, but again good for the saturn emulation community if they are doing better. I don't see how that's a bad thing . Only 1 can be the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
No, it isn't. We're talking about emulation from the same console, emulation for consoles a lot more complex than N64 AND an emulator that has reached a better state of emulation without falling in plugin hell and greatly optimized.
So you're one of those retards who thinks plugins are the devil LOL! Greatly optimized? Please...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOsaka View Post
So? First and foremost, plugins shouldn't be neccesary AT ALL, there are Playstation emulators without plugins, Saturn emulation doesn't use plugins, GC/Wii neither, nor does DS and PSP emulation.
So because those emulators don't use plugins, they are superior ? Plugins are benefitial.

Last edited by zilmar; 9th April 2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: play nice
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 9th April 2015, 10:37 PM
Ambient_Malice Ambient_Malice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 179
Default

RPGMaster, there's no need to be so insulting. "Kind answer turns away wrath" and all that.

This kinda reminds me of a dispute over Microsoft, where some people are angry that Microsoft won't port Halo 3+, while others point out that Microsoft have done more for PC gaming via their APIs than anyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 9th April 2015, 10:45 PM
the_randomizer's Avatar
the_randomizer the_randomizer is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,136
Default

(Deleted post for reasons)
__________________
My rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4470 3.4 GHz to 3.9 GHz
Video card:: MSI nVidia GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way

Last edited by the_randomizer; 10th April 2015 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 9th April 2015, 11:50 PM
dsx_ dsx_ is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,105
Default

drama

drama

DRAMA
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10th April 2015, 12:19 AM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,008
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= Smasherx74 =X= View Post
It was given plenty of attention, 1.5 was just dramatically better which is why using the source of 1.4 seemed obsolete. (here we go insulting zilmar again)
What's better about 1.5? I never really used it aside from testing WDC. Genuinely curious though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
Because LostOsaka's answers and demeaning attitude is any better? I hope you're not defending him.
Gee, I wonder why I'm bein singled out. The guy creates an account just to bash PJ64 / zilmar . This all proves my point .

Praise be to ZILMAR the GRAND !
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10th April 2015, 12:26 AM
Ambient_Malice Ambient_Malice is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
Because LostOsaka's answers and demeaning attitude is any better? I hope you're not defending him.
They're both behaving like ******. Both refusing to entertain that the other might have valid points. Maybe I'm biased because I disagree with the adware on the grounds some of it is indeed malware. But the overall point is that LostOsaka has mixed a valid concern about the adware with a lot of ill-informed nonsense and personal attacks. RPGMaster has meanwhile behaved like ************ who thinks installing malware on PCs helps weed out the weak or some shit.

Last edited by zilmar; 10th April 2015 at 12:44 AM. Reason: play nice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
project 64, zilmar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.