Old 20th March 2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonUser View Post
"..."
That pretty much describes how I feel every time I read one of these threads. I used to be quite an active beta tester from 1.2 til about 2 years ago when threads like these snuffed out what little motivation and time I could muster to test PJ64.

I would very much like to know the reason why people want PJ64 1.7 to be an open beta. If the reason is from a false sense of entitlement, like I suspect, then I see no reason for an open beta to be even considered.

The only good reason I can think of is to increase the amount of testing done but 1.7 honestly isn't close to that point. That might change when 1.7 is closer to a stable release but that's completely up to zilmar.

The donation system will probably always be nitpicked but these are the facts. Not everyone who donates gets beta access and not everyone who is in beta or alpha testing donated.

I, for example, spent grueling hours of my life on PJ64. I started as a forum junkie reporting issues from 1.1-1.2 and became a beta tester for 1.2 onward.

The way I see it, if you're actually going to be a good beta tester you can do it using 1.6. Given enough useful threads and information, i.e. proving you can be an awesome beta tester, beta access may be awarded.

I've tried to remove most of the bitterness and animosity from this post but it's a good bet I still left quite a bit in here. I just get really heated when I see people start demanding things and provide no constructive criticism in return.

P.S. If you think Squall is bad you should have seen the first version of this post about an hour and a half ago
Spoken better than I could have.....

( Wonders if Zilmar will chime in soon )
Old 20th March 2010, 05:10 AM

Oh and by the way, TWINE DOES work very well in 1.6. Very smooth. Am on the 3rd mission where you have to chase after some Cigar girl. Only thing is, the speech is screwed up... but that can be turned off. Don't forget there is onscreen text.
Old 20th March 2010, 07:31 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What! with full voice support and everything. I don't think so I couldn't get that.
Old 21st March 2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonUser View Post
"..."
The way I see it, if you're actually going to be a good beta tester you can do it using 1.6. Given enough useful threads and information, i.e. proving you can be an awesome beta tester, beta access may be awarded.
So that menas you cant get access to the beta at all wtf!?, I have beta tested tones off games such as quake live closed beta, pcsx2 and so on but becsoue I have not beta tested pj64 that means no one can get accress to it even if they donate when it clealy says everwhere that you will get access to the beta if you donate.

On a side note they where all free beta's.
Old 21st March 2010, 10:57 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
So that menas you cant get access to the beta at all wtf!?, I have beta tested tones off games such as quake live closed beta, pcsx2 and so on but becsoue I have not beta tested pj64 that means no one can get accress to it even if they donate when it clealy says everwhere that you will get access to the beta if you donate.

On a side note they where all free beta's.
You are clearly devoid of the intelligence necessary to beta test if you didn't understand RadeonUsers point.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 21st March 2010, 02:11 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

And what point would that be?
Old 24th March 2010, 07:41 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
wow, you're still using a SB Live! D:
I've actually switched to my motherboard's onboard sound codec.
The only reason I had stayed with my SB Live! for so long was because it could retask the audio connectors with third party drivers.

After a bout of dealing with microphone recording (yay third party drivers) I switched to the onboard realtek codec and was pleasantly surprised to see the software support connector retasking.
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4770
Sound Card: On-Board Realtek ALC889A
Old 26th March 2010, 02:30 AM

Pointing out that we would choose to get 1.6 instead of paying for 1.7 and pretty much calling the developers stupid will probably lead down a bad road.
Old 28th March 2010, 09:13 PM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Wow Radeon fantastic to see you bros :O! and erm what the hell another one of these threads? :/
Old 31st March 2010, 03:59 AM

Yup, I guess so. I'm done commenting on it though.

TWINE works well enough to play. For me at least. I don't like the game all too much. It's not like PD or GE.