Old 6th June 2015, 05:21 PM

Default Android Ports

Hello. I'm an android user. All N64 emulators I found on android are ports of Mupen64plus. They are not perfect and some games need pj64 to run them. I would like to know if there is going to be a port of pj64 to android, either officially or unofficially.
Old 7th June 2015, 03:17 PM
Project Supporter

PJ64 is not going to have magically the same compat as it has on PC. you would have to rewrite large parts of it, get a ARM dynarec for enough speed etc etc. All things that could be detrimental to its compatibility. It's going to be a large undertaking, which many probably see better used into improving the existing m64p ports.
Old 7th June 2015, 06:51 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

What PJ64 has for amazing SM64 hacks is ASM handling,which Mupen64Plus lacks.

If someone knowledgable can help that,they could program ASM support on Mupen64Plus to make things like Peach's Christmas Invitation run faster and no longer hang when entering areas with ASM-related objects.
(the SA2 spike robot model import)

I'd really like to see a certain part of 1.7.0.50 b23 imported to Mupen64Plus so my Banjo-Tooie "split-up anywhere" code would work on Android without freezing the game.
(yeah,that code also freezes on any other 1.6 and 2.x version of PJ64)
Old 8th June 2015, 04:03 AM

Default N64oid

I think currently the most compatible mupen64plus port is N64oid, but it is dead years ago. When do you think are alive emulators going to catch it up?
Old 8th June 2015, 06:29 AM

Mupen64Plus AE was looking hopeful, but it looks like Paul Lamb coded himself into a singularity, which sucked him up before evaporating.

Any ports of M64+ must be open source as required by the GPL, but who knows how helpful that will be?
Old 8th June 2015, 06:37 AM
Project Supporter

@retroben

Richard just fixed that in mainline, so you'll just have to wait till it trickles into a m64p AE release, which shouldn't be long

@p_025

What are you talking about? it's still alive and well and actively developed, even if paul isn't one of the main contributors anymore
Last commit 5 hours ago: https://github.com/mupen64plus-ae/mupen64plus-ae

@whgang99

N64oid was an illegal cashgrab port, M64PAE is pretty much the "official" port, which is in sync with upstream and should also include the counter factor hack which has increased compatibility by a large margin (I think only games that require tighter rsp synchronization don't work now (WDC, Gauntlet Legends e.g.)

Last edited by V1del; 9th June 2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 8th June 2015, 05:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

He fixed the code handling with a dirty flag refresh method,and realtime code changes work now,I already knew that.
Conker is crashing on AE with FireTV for an unknown reason since it runs on my x86 tablet.
Paulscode currently has a forum database error and needs a fix.

The "split-up anywhere" code for Banjo-Tooie still freezes upon splitting up.
Is Richard actually working on the needed ASM programming to make those SM64 hacks (Peach's Christmas Invitation) run without freezing/crashing?
Maybe also stopping that Tooie code from freezing.

FYI,the code also freezes on 2.x versions of PJ64 since they are more accurate and now much more prone to freezing and/or crashing with many of my codes.

The 1.7.0.50b23 version of PJ64 will always be the best version to use cheats on.
No eventual TTC freeze with "no frameskip" on,no "split-up anywhere" freeze on Tooie,and no crashing on several codes that would otherwise crash 2.x versions.
That's why I hate not having a laptop (preferably Windows 7) to use it on at any time.

Last edited by retroben; 8th June 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 8th June 2015, 11:28 PM
Project Supporter

Tbh if you know your codes are crashing because the emulators got more accurate and you can't fix them to work, one should make a completely separate branch of whatever emulator since, inaccuracies for the sake of cheats that wouldn't work on hardware shouldn't be detrimental to actual progress pertaining emulation