Old 2nd June 2015, 12:26 AM

Default Save changes when changing C:/ to E:/

so, first if there is a thread about this please forgive me I'm new to the forum.
my problem is that i have to reinstall my windows and I've installed Pj64 in C:/ where my windows is... i tried to copy paste to E:/ but I get an old save when loading. I only have zelda ocarina of time. I'm always using F5 and F7 to save and load. any ideas? ty

Last edited by Riesinger; 2nd June 2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 2nd June 2015, 09:20 PM

First of all, it's never a good idea to cut/paste programs that you installed through an installer.

Second, you need to figure out where your old PJ64 install was putting the save state files, which is probably something similar to E:\Program Files(x86)\Project64\Save and then point your new install to that folder. This is done in the directories section of the Settings dialog.

Third, why on Earth are you only using state saves? To each his own, but I only use state saves for things that I can't use native saves for.
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:39 AM

hahahahah I always use the state save and the normal save... xD
Anyway I didn't manage to make it work so I started all over again... And about copy paste installed programs I don't usually do it just thought that PJ64 being so small it wouldn't be a problem... ty for the help
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:29 PM

Everyone learns the hard way that putting useful stuff /data on the same partition as Windows is a bad idea if Windows dies and needs a reinstall for whatever reason. Normally I buy a dedicated SSD for Windows, or create a separate partition for it. Copying PJ64 to another partition is fine, but you need to redo all of the paths to point to the right folders. Otherwise you will run into issues very fast.