Old 5th March 2009, 10:08 AM

Default goldeneye aiming thing

I set the controls perfect with movement, aiming and shooting as if it were a computer game but one thing I don't know how to do is how to get the stupid aimer to stay still when aiming. Any ideas?
Old 5th March 2009, 07:19 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

Wink Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrll View Post
I set the controls perfect with movement, aiming and shooting as if it were a computer game but one thing I don't know how to do is how to get the stupid aimer to stay still when aiming. Any ideas?
The targeting reticule moves slightly in order to imitate natural body movement. If you use a weapon like the Sniper Rifle and scope a victim from zoomed in range, that movement becomes more prominent for more realism. So essentially, you will never get the targeting reticule to fully freeze in one position without altering the game's code.

Is that what you are talking about? (otherwise you must explain your situation in more detail, thx)
Also, on top of what I said above, you listen here okay?! Look closely at this fist, if you so much as smell it wrong it'll impose itself onto your face okay?! You think you tough? I bet behind that PC you're just a timid old clown capable of nothing but wackin the sackin. You smell me tigga?!
Old 6th March 2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcheatz View Post
The targeting reticule moves slightly in order to imitate natural body movement. If you use a weapon like the Sniper Rifle and scope a victim from zoomed in range, that movement becomes more prominent for more realism. So essentially, you will never get the targeting reticule to fully freeze in one position without altering the game's code.

Is that what you are talking about? (otherwise you must explain your situation in more detail, thx)

I think it's what I'm talking about but I don't know exactly what you just said. What I'm talking about is when you aim on goldeneye, when you see the red aimer thing and on a controller you could just hold the red aimer still and fire or wait for the emeny to walk into the aimers view, but on the pc I can't get the red aimer to stay still. I press and hold the button to aim, but when I move the mouse to move the red aimer, I can't get it to just stay where I'd like it to. I can move it a little to where I'd like it to go, but then it goes back to the center as if there's not enough strength to hold it to where I'd like it to be. I don't know anything about adjusting whatever to whatever code. Techtalk isn't my thing. Could you put it in simple words and instructions for me. How can this game get played without using the aimer. Just using autoaim all the time? Doesn't sound good to me
Old 6th March 2009, 03:50 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Options > Configure Controller Plugin...

Since you are using a mouse to control this feature it seems you are using N-Rage's DirectInput8 plugin.

Go to the Devices tab under the active controller's tab. Here are options controlling mouse sensitivity.
Old 6th March 2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
Options > Configure Controller Plugin...

Since you are using a mouse to control this feature it seems you are using N-Rage's DirectInput8 plugin.

Go to the Devices tab under the active controller's tab. Here are options controlling mouse sensitivity.
It's on 100%. How much more or little do I add in percentage to get it the way I explained above?

Last edited by egrll; 6th March 2009 at 04:08 AM.
Old 6th March 2009, 04:39 AM

you might just have to play around with the in-game options menu.
i remember having that problem a while back but i never really looked into it.
ill check again.
Old 6th March 2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRhino View Post
you might just have to play around with the in-game options menu.
i remember having that problem a while back but i never really looked into it.
ill check again.
I'll be waiting.
Old 6th March 2009, 05:06 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

I'm a little confused, are you using a mouse, a joypad (etc), or keys to navigate the targeting reticule?

Which plugin are you using? (N-rage, Default)

How is this configured? (did you just start the game from default settings?)
Also, on top of what I said above, you listen here okay?! Look closely at this fist, if you so much as smell it wrong it'll impose itself onto your face okay?! You think you tough? I bet behind that PC you're just a timid old clown capable of nothing but wackin the sackin. You smell me tigga?!
Old 6th March 2009, 05:22 AM

when in game, hit start. hit left twice and you should see a menu with a "music" and an "FX" bar.
under should be two options:
auto-aim
aim control

switch auto aim off [this fixes your auto-aim problem]
aim control [you wont need to hold the aiming button]

unfourtunetly, the red crosshairs will always move back to center. thats how the game was created, n64 and all. with one joystick i can imagine it was difficult to create an fps, and they thought that in some way or another it would make it easier. it doesnt.

your mosue sensitivity being one hundred is a good thing. lower or higher would make it move with tenfold power however directed.

dont know if this is the answer you're looking for, good shootin'!

p.s. may i suggest perfect dark as an alternative?
Old 6th March 2009, 05:45 AM

To Mdkcheatz
I'm using Project 64, Verison 1.6, N-Rages Direct-Input 8 V2 180a.
I'm trying to get the red crosshair not to move back to the center on Goldeneye but the red crosshair keeps moving back to the center. I'm trying to get the red crosshair to stay where I aim as if I were using a Nintendo 64 controller. I use the mouse to move the red crosshair, but when I move the red crosshair with the mouse it keeps moving back to the center, as if there's not enough strength to keep it where I'd like it to be.

To SilentRhino
I turned auto-aim off. I also turn toggle on. I still get this dumbass red crosshair moving back to the center. Lol. Why I'm laughing I don't know. It's annoying me.
Are you telling me it's impossible to get this red crosshair to stay where I'd like it to stay?
Isn't Perfect Dark exactly the same as Goldeneye? I mean the whole setting up the buttons.
This's annoying me and I'm laughing about it. How can anyone play this game Someone help me. Lol.
I'd like to play this game like a PC shooting game.