Old 20th October 2015, 03:37 AM

Default Being that I fixed this...

Hey guys, felt like sharing this as this was one of the most amusing (and somewhat alarming... ) glitches I have ever seen a video plugin pull off...

So, long story short, I have been on a looong quest to find the perfect video plugin. (I actually came awfully close to getting SSB to be PERFECT to the original PAL release, but the framebuffer emulation meant that there wasn't much room for my screen recorder to capture frames... ) During one test with Rice Video Community, (also referred to as 1964video by some) I found that for some reason, none of the framebuffer options seemed to work. I then decided to turn on render-to-texture (NOT framebuffer emulation!) just to see what it would do...

Here's what the results were: for some reason, every time someone went off-screen, there was extreme lag (I mean, it was something like 5fps!) Now here's the interesting part: if someone got KOed, it would cause a MASSIVE damage percentage to appear on one of the player's slots, and most of the time, the actual percentage was something ridiculous (I got 999 once doing this glitch) there was also one time where I decided to SD with this turned on, and on the third SD, the game said "failure" then IT STARTED A SUDDEN DEATH ON A DIFFERENT STAGE!!!

Quite frankly, if I can reproduce the glitch, I will post a recording! Anyway, feel free to comment on this!
Old 20th October 2015, 02:53 PM

Have you tried GlideN64, its the new plugin from Gonetz and its highly compatible, only downside I see it at the moment is that is a resource hog...

It has some new features like a built in widescreen hack, bloom effect and hi-res framebuffer support. Didn't tested with SMB since I never like that game...
Old 20th October 2015, 11:35 PM

GlideN64? I wish... my dell latitude only has opengl 3.1 max. making everything textureless!

Actually, good question: do you know if the MSI Cubi has OpenGL 3.1 support? I was thinking of getting one in the near future, simply because they look and sound absolutely awesome. (Oh, and it would fit on my messy desk... )

EDIT: Did you mean Super Smash Bros? That acronym you mentioned is for Super Mario Bros...
Old 20th October 2015, 11:52 PM

Another thing; do you know if GlideN64 is open-source? I wouldn't mind having a fiddle with the code to make it compatible with gl 2.0...
Old 21st October 2015, 12:05 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyQuills View Post
Another thing; do you know if GlideN64 is open-source? I wouldn't mind having a fiddle with the code to make it compatible with gl 2.0...
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64
Old 21st October 2015, 03:36 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

If you have too much trouble,what about simply porting Android's 2.0 variant to Windows?
Old 21st October 2015, 05:50 PM

Oh yes, I mean Super Smash Bros, I love every Super Mario Bros game, well most of them he he he...

Are you sure it doesn't show textures when using GlideN64? because my videocard is by no means a recent model, its a 2008 Asus 9600GT which came with OpenGL 3.0 at most I believe. I was having the same problem but I configured the plugin to use 500MB of video ram and voilá it loaded the textures just fine in all the games I tested it...

GlideN64 as RPGMaster posted above is in semi-active development and is opensource and its strength lies in the awesome Framebuffer Effect support...
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo_20xx View Post
Oh yes, I mean Super Smash Bros, I love every Super Mario Bros game, well most of them he he he...

Are you sure it doesn't show textures when using GlideN64? because my videocard is by no means a recent model, its a 2008 Asus 9600GT which came with OpenGL 3.0 at most I believe. I was having the same problem but I configured the plugin to use 500MB of video ram and voilá it loaded the textures just fine in all the games I tested it...

GlideN64 as RPGMaster posted above is in semi-active development and is opensource and its strength lies in the awesome Framebuffer Effect support...
Damn, if that's the prob, will give that a go, wait here!!!

EDIT: Nup, didn't work... Here's the log I get for those who can help me. (Attached to post)

EDIT2: Another note; I keep seeing 'sampler2DMS' : precision statement not allowed for type.

This looks like a shader compile error causing my texureless problem...

EDIT3: I found the issue, the latest Glide N64 appears to use ARB_texture_multisample of which isn't supported by my card... any ideas? I could contact the guy who makes the plugin and ask why he's using multisample arrays in the first place.
Attached Files
File Type: log gliden64.log (120.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by FuzzyQuills; 22nd October 2015 at 11:40 PM.