Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Suggestions

Old 1st July 2017, 01:17 PM

Lightbulb Manually select default sound and video output.

I am currently using 4 monitors; a 4K HDR TV and three desk monitors of different resolutions (the plan is to buy three 4K IPS monitors and span them together).

Sometimes I play games at my desk using the sound system connected to the 3.5mm jacks on my motherboard, other times I play games on my TV and use HDMI as an audio output; the keyboard, mouse and PS3 (Xinput) controller will all reach to where I would sit in front of the TV.

Usually, with a modern game you can choose where the sound and video should go, encase you have multiple sound and video devices. I would really like it if I could change Project 64 from triple monitor surround on the desk with speakers, to single monitor TV and speakers, rather than the program only using the system defaults or "main" monitor.
Instead of everyone troubleshooting the same things, share the knowledge; maybe you'll save someone enough time, by telling them what you know so far, that they'll finish the job and share the solution with you.
Old 1st July 2017, 04:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I think you have too many monitors! jk

I have not tested PJ with more than two monitors that have more than one sound option, so I am not to failure with your reported issue.

I'm not saying that this link is the best option, but have you tried using a 3rd party program to manage you monitors and sound options. This may help with more than just PJ64.

https://www.displayfusion.com/Features/MonitorConfig/

Have fun