Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 22nd September 2009, 10:32 AM

Default No Mercy Graphics Glitch(Collision Detection) when 3 or more wrestlers are on screen

I don't know how common this is but I am using PJ64 1.6 w/ updated rdb with default plugins selected. Everytime I fight someone and another character comes out to help them I start getting graphic glitches when switching between who I'm facing and also in the corners when trying to pick up a downed opponent or climbing the ropes, the characters start shaking and get stuck and then I can't do anything and have to quit the match....I'm thinking it's a collision detection problem rather than a simple graphical glitch because in most cases a simple graphical glitch would show but not halt any gameplay functionality. In this case the game is actually getting stuck when it happens....I can post a video of the problem if someone need a reference.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

To help me access this part, what I think would work best is if you send me a save state with instructions on what to do.

With a save state, I can load the game from an exact area you specified.

To quickly make a save state, hit F5 to create a PJ.ZIP save file named after the game in "$Project64\Save". (Also hitting F7 loads.)

See if you can send it to me via attachment on the forum or some site like filesend.net.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:54 PM

oddly enough I cannot get the game to reproduce what was happening, I do have a video taken with camtasia showing the effects but I'm guessing maybe it was a problem of cache or the system not freeing up memory from other application once they'd been closed, but since I turned off and on my computer it now seems there are no relics of what had been happening.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:37 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Oh I see...sometimes that stuff happens, like with face color offsets and how they randomize. Usually re-initializing or changing graphics plug-in would fix.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:41 AM

I am getting a lot of flicker in tag team matches when two people are outside of the ring at the same time...like on the mats by the crowd.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:43 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

With the default plug-in for graphics, if you go Options/Configure Graphics Plugin... when advanced settings are not set to hide, you have some more controls over graphics settings.

In "Rom Settings" tab there is an option named "Direct3D Clear Mode".
Set this to control things like screen flickering.
Old 24th September 2009, 03:03 AM

I tried that,along with changing all the rom settings and advanced graphics properties one by one and didn't get any difference, but I imagine that this will be a lot better in the next version.
Old 24th September 2009, 04:26 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Also often times just to note the "Only per frame" setting can be more effective than "Always".

You probably found a known issue with version 1.6 then. I'm still open if you want to send a save state, though I don't think this level in effect of screen clearing has really been touched on in the 1.7 betas.
Old 24th September 2009, 05:48 AM

I've uploaded an instant save on mediafire here's the link to the download http://www.mediafire.com/?vimgcyiizzl it's just basically a normal tagteam match and whenever more than 1 player is outside the ring it starts flickering, at least for me....if you don't see any flickering please comment back and let me know.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Alright yeah it's a bound issue with the default plug-in.
Here are some notes I have found if you use some other plug-ins.

Direct64 (also glN64 that it is based off of) crash with the game.

Glide64 fixes this automatically.

Rice's Video Plugin, configure frame update only to "At the 1st CI Change" to completely fix the flickering shown here.

It's definitely known with Jabo's plug-ins though.

Tags
collision, glitch, graphics, no mercy, wrestling