Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 23rd April 2015, 12:48 AM

Angry Shoddy sound and cannot generate screenshots

I'm trying to play Hiryu no Ken Twin on the Project 64 2.2 Emulator but for some reason the audio is all REALLY weird. It doesn't even remotely resemble the actual audio.
All I have for Audio plugins is "Jabo DirectSound 1.6", "Jabo DirectSound 1.7.0.7", "No Sound", and "zilmar's Audio Plugin". No matter what plugin I use it sounds nowhere close to the actual game.

Here is the audio. The first 23 seconds are the audio that plays on the emulator during the game's intro. and the audio that plays afterwards is what it was SUPPOSED to sound like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-oD3padnso
I am also unable to take screenshots, regardless of me pressing F3 and clicking "Generate Bitmap".
Old 23rd April 2015, 04:06 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelvir View Post
I'm trying to play Hiryu no Ken Twin on the Project 64 2.2 Emulator but for some reason the audio is all REALLY weird. It doesn't even remotely resemble the actual audio.
All I have for Audio plugins is "Jabo DirectSound 1.6", "Jabo DirectSound 1.7.0.7", "No Sound", and "zilmar's Audio Plugin". No matter what plugin I use it sounds nowhere close to the actual game.

Here is the audio. The first 23 seconds are the audio that plays on the emulator during the game's intro. and the audio that plays afterwards is what it was SUPPOSED to sound like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-oD3padnso
I am also unable to take screenshots, regardless of me pressing F3 and clicking "Generate Bitmap".
If you have "Fixed Audio Timing" enabled, I suggest you disable that. With Jabo's audio, it sounds fine if you enable sync audio.

Are there any significant differences between J version and U version? Aside from language ofc.
Old 23rd April 2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
If you have "Fixed Audio Timing" enabled, I suggest you disable that. With Jabo's audio, it sounds fine if you enable sync audio.

Are there any significant differences between J version and U version? Aside from language ofc.
I have already tried "Sync game to Audio", which really didn't change a thing. The only differences I know of between Hiryu no Ken Twin and Flying dragon(The USa ver.), is that, in Twin, the game language is in Japanese, Shouryu's fourth hit of "P,P,P,P,P." attack in the Virtual Hiryu mode is a reverse punch with his right-hand, while in Flying Dragon it is a straight punch off his left-hand. Aside from that, there is really no difference between the two. The soundtrack, and sounds and voices are essentially the same as in the American version. I had this game (the Japanese) on an older version of Project64, which if I remember correctly, was Project64-ver.1.6.7. And the sound worked fine then.
Old 23rd April 2015, 07:39 PM

Default Fixed audio timing

I also checked and Fixed Audio Timing was already disabled.
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:12 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

I forgot to mention that you should enable sync audio, from the audio plugin settings, not core. Jabo's sync audio isn't perfect though, so the fps can dip .

However, Azimer's 0.60 seems to do a good job for this game. I'm testing the J version. Fun game .

My advice is to have a variety of audio plugins, because if you play a variety of games, there won't be 1 single plugin that works really good for all of them.
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
I forgot to mention that you should enable sync audio, from the audio plugin settings, not core. Jabo's sync audio isn't perfect though, so the fps can dip .

However, Azimer's 0.60 seems to do a good job for this game. I'm testing the J version. Fun game .

My advice is to have a variety of audio plugins, because if you play a variety of games, there won't be 1 single plugin that works really good for all of them.
Alright. where do I get the Azimer plugin, as I don't have that one?
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:18 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelvir View Post
Alright. where do I get the Azimer plugin, as I don't have that one?
http://www.apollo64.com/Azimer%20HLE...%20WIP%202.zip

Let me know if it sounds good to you for that game .

Tags
audio, hiryu no ken, images, project 64, sound problems