Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 21st January 2010, 06:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Although our versions of the game don't match, it looks like someone answered you elsewhere and remembered the history of this issue.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=33626
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=36230
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40229
Old 21st January 2010, 01:00 PM

Hey, I've seen those... there's no real solution in them though... if it's a game glitch that sometimes happens why is it always happening?

I think I'll try to find all the versions of the game mentioned...

If your version doesn't have the same problem can you tell me which one you're using?

Thinking about reinstalling P64 and Glide from scratch to see if that gets rid of it... Curiosity: If I save all my games to save states and load them afterwords is that a good way to save progress in P64 when reinstalling?
Old 21st January 2010, 11:34 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

My version might have the same problem, but I couldn't tell for sure since I was unable to load the save state you sent. Your save state is valid, but the reason I couldn't load it was because you generated it on a version of Mario Kart 64 that's different from my instance. I'm still using (U) [!].

You won't lose your save data if you re-install just Project64. If you set any interference with the "Save " directory then you might. Save states are a bit more risky to go by than the native saves.

As those threads summarized, it's an issue within the game because the N64 environment (without emulation) has the same issue. Thus, if it's accurate of the N64 to have the same issue, then it's accurate of an emulator like Project64 to preserve it.

Of course, within the game itself, the design is obviously not accurate.
Old 20th April 2013, 03:22 PM

Default Fixed it!

Hey guys!

I've been bothered by this for a long time as well, but finally found a solution.
The problem is the game file really. All the popular ROM sites use the same ROM for mario kart, without giving any information about it.
I found this site, which gives multiple options for the same games:
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_64_ROMs/Games-Starting-With-M/9
(Yeah, the site is very messy!)

I found that the "Mario Kart 64 (Europe) (Rev A)" worked great for me, and me and my pals can finally play "DK Jungle Parkway" in normal speed.

Hope this helps for everybody else as well!
Old 10th March 2014, 05:37 AM

Default Solution!!!

I know it's late but I have found a solution. If you are using project 64 2.0 or higher, when in mario kart, go to settings and change the VI refresh rate to about 1200. If it's too fast or slow, just higher or lower it.
Old 7th August 2014, 03:09 PM

Default Same Problem

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue with 4 Xbox360 remotes plugged in for ALL maps. I'll test your suggestions tonight, and I'll get back to you!
Old 19th August 2014, 05:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Great that you got it going with the (E) version, but does this not change the FPS to 25? the NTSC version should run at 30FPS. I would asume that the Europe version looks a little choppy beacuse of the 5FPS difference.

Is there a real fix? Is this issue happen with the (J) NTSC version?
Old 15th February 2015, 12:41 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy181 View Post
Is there a real fix?
Yes. All you have to do is set a breakpoint on the speed variable and start debugging !
Old 16th February 2015, 04:22 AM

I've had this problem too.
Old 27th August 2015, 02:44 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNewb View Post
Alright... first post here, I did all the searches I could to find someone who has already posted about the same problem but couldn't quite find it.

I recently finally got around to plugging 4 controllers (2 logitech, 2 saitek) into my computer and running P64 for some 4 player MarioKart action. The problem is most courses (exceptions: Royal Raceway.. Luigi Raceway... maybe a couple others) run incredibly fast. I'm aware that the tradition N64 version does run vs courses a bit faster than typical 150cc but this is MUCH faster.

Someone posted earlier about having this problem with DK Jungle Parkway but I'm having it with almost all of the courses while running multiplayer with 3/4 people. The same problem does not occur during vs mode with 2 players or battle mode (except on Skyscraper where the same problem happens).

FPS limiter is enabled but doesn't seem to be limiting the FPS enough... or... something?

Can anybody help?

Edit: Also noticed the music doesn't play in vs/battle modes with 3+ players... not sure if that's actually true on N64 or not, just figured I'd provide as much info about the problem as possible

Thanks in advance for any help!
Here is the fix using cheat codes

Multiplayer speed fix
81001C90 240A
81001C92 0002
81001C94 240A
81001C96 0002
81001A38 2409
81001A3A 0002
81001A3C 2409
81001A3E 0002