Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 21st August 2011, 05:57 AM

Default ok, so is this project dead?

i have been browsing around this site, and it seems that no new development or releases have been made, and there is no way i'm giving you $20 for something that's not even being worked on anymore, seems like you don't want to work on it or get any new support from other people. but you close knit group keeps joking on all the forum's.

for a new member, its hard to tell if you guys are serious about anything project related. and yes, i understand that people have lives to live, but if a project is dead, drop the requirements for downloading your crap-ass beta's (there's ways of getting them from the net) and let the ppl have it from here a bit easier.
mupen64 seems to work fine for me, but i like the look of pj1.7, is feels better to have a real GUI, than to have to use the console to get mupen64 to work. i tried 1.6, its garbage, cant get many (good) games to work in it. i'm just wondering, why all this if you guys arent still around? i noticed a few new posts, but they aren't related to actual development or releases.

thanks, for nothing but a semi-working emulator. i guess i'll go back to downloading GC rom's and offering support (for free) to the dolphin community.

and some of the post's that've asked for roms, come on ppl, there's been ROM site for YEARS, and none have ever been shut down. they arent warez site, they are legit ROM download sites, hell like i said in one other post, i've gotten 75% of n64 roms from one site. i'm not gonna post the site, so dont freak out, but they are out there, and FREE, unlike your useless emulator v1.7, i mean really, pay for a broken piece of software?

i think i'm just frustrated with your site and lack of support. i've been coming here periodically to check and see if anything is happening, and nope, its just random goofy ass comments from the same people over and over. so i figured, i'd make and account and post my feelings on this.

really, some emu site will ban you for even mentioning a ROM or where to get it, i know, this is lame as hell, but piracy is rampant and hard to control, but being a dick and banning anyone for even mentioning it is a bit retarded.

go ahead and ban me oh great site admin, you have the power, so abuse it. its not the first forum i've been banned from and most likely not the last, (site admin's and mod's have soft ego's, and they get bruised easily) much like giving power to those little kids that got beat up on. and no this is not to flame on ANYONE, this site seems dead, no one talks about anything new in the emulator, other than useless rumors.

and the fact it might be years, really YEARS? its 2011, the n64 stopped being useful in 2000... holy hell man. 11 years later, and you still can't develop software emulation of a system, that the manufacturer has miniaturized into a handheld with 3d support?

and oh, all you other's, go ahead and flame away, please, i know, i have made mistakes in this post, big deal. its just irritating to be deployed into a crap ass part of the world and the only outlet you have is playing games, (cuz the internet sucks here) and playing old games you once played on a system you used to have, for nostalgic reasons, only to find out the emulator is half-ass, and broken on most good games sucks, and then to go to the site and find out, the only posting going on is from a bunch people that should be posting on some other site than the one for development, i have read so much useless junk on here, i feel i lost IQ points just from reading all the bs posts. your forum is a waste of time, and finding anything useful on here is a tedious task i am not gonna bother with.

so with a final farewell, good day, and good riddance.

PS. just think, u have no idea who i REALLY am, what if i was someone with knowledge or experience to gain from? your site would frustrate potential help or newcomers like myself.
Old 21st August 2011, 06:22 AM
Project Supporter

tl;dr/I know what you mean about those tripads/this is not an original complaint

heh no really though, because I don't want another infraction, I'm going to just politely ask you to leave the internet. I mean really man, there are two people working on this thing, and they have families.

FAMILIES.

y'know, like with a baby and stuff. Babies take a lot of dedication. And also, programming something like this is difficult.

Heh, you think you can get 1.7 from elsewhere. Lies. Those are hacked versions; not legit.

Anyway, the reason it's taking so long is because this is most likely going to be the final update. Lots of upgrades are being made. Let's see... example... example...

Do you play Minecraft? 1.8 is on it's way, and is scheduled for November. It has been scheduled for November for a while now. We could all say that Notch is just being lazy, or we could accept that it's hard to program something that big, and that + lots of upgrades = time. Same thing here.

The reason there are lots of random conversations on here is because this is a forum, not a blog. There's an "off-topic" thread for a reason, though many a time have other forums been breached.

I respect your bravery and nobility in joining this forum to point out our flaws, and your Robin Hood-esque lifestyle when it comes to the N64, which you just said "stopped being useful" anyway, so why do you care? Whatever, your loss. Kill him, Squall.

Last edited by Natch; 21st August 2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 21st August 2011, 07:03 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Lololololololololololol

Last edited by dsx_; 6th October 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 21st August 2011, 07:27 AM
Project Supporter

dolfags huh.
Old 21st August 2011, 09:16 AM

really? already the flames begin... obviously young arrogant children with a keyboard and no knowledge.

anyway, to answer a few points that "n" (i'll call u that, for your name is retarded) brought, up: (i even noted in my original post, * i know people have lives to live* obviously i know about families, for i have one, one i cant see right now, and babies and stuff, you act like no one else has raised a family, sheesh man, you think for a second, with the vocabulary i use, i'm a child or something? no i didnt fill out a profile or anything (why? i'm about to be banned for sure)

leave the internet, LOL wow your funny, may i ask for your man card, cause you have no BALLS!, sheesh, grow up,
anyways, like i said, it was for nostalgia reason to play some older n64 games
and no, i do not play minecraft, such a waste of time and space. yes that's my opinion, and i am entitled to it a you are entitled to yours and you obviously seem to like minecrap.

dsx: really, that's all you got? go ahead and slit your wrists now, and save someone a lifetime of suffering. please.

TherealM: wtf, u too can die... bunch of children. take the above advice and save the world a lot of suffering.

As i said, flame away, but your the morons for doing so, i baited the trap, and you have fallen for it.

If your not going to update your program and release it for everyone, then at least post and let everyone know that your giving up on it.

good day gentlemen.
Old 21st August 2011, 09:25 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

lol keep saying stuff its amusing
Old 21st August 2011, 01:18 PM

What would I do without Mr. Tymas Von Troll, Jr. to provide me with a nonstop source of stentorian, quixotic manuscripts to complain about? I would like to start by discussing Mr. Von Troll's beliefs, mainly because they scare me. The thing I'm the most frightened about is that every time Mr. Von Troll tells his cultists that the Eleventh Commandment is, "Thou shalt demonize my family and friends", their eyes roll into the backs of their heads as they become mindless receptacles of unsubstantiated information, which they accept without question. I predict that in the immediate years ahead, people will generally agree that love of one's neighbor is contrary to his principles. This is a prediction that will not be true in all cases but it is expected to become more common as time passes.

Although Mr. Von Troll's attendants may be eager to buy a lifetime's supply of snake oil from Mr. Von Troll, the rest of us would like nothing more than to condemn—without hesitation, without remorse—all those who advocate Mr. Von Troll's anecdotes amid a hue and cry as garrulous as it is poxy. But we can't do that until more people learn to accept that griping about Mr. Von Troll will not make him stop trying to divert us from proclaiming what in our innermost conviction is absolutely necessary. But even if it did, he would just find some other way to judge people by the color of their skin while ignoring the content of their character. No matter what else we do, our first move must be to educate everyone about how he can be described only by such words as "malodorous" and "boisterous". That's the first step: education. Education alone is not enough, of course. We must also deliver new information about his termagant complaints. You shouldn't let Mr. Von Troll intimidate you. You shouldn't let him push you around. We're the ones who are right, not Mr. Von Troll.

When I was younger I wanted to present another paradigm in opposition to Mr. Von Troll's mutinous biases. I still want to do that, but now I realize that he's just trying to pick a fight. That's why Mr. Von Troll says that his circulars enhance performance standards, productivity, and competitiveness. I don't see how he can build a workable policy around wishful thinking draped over a morass of confusion (and also, as we'll see below, historical illiteracy), then impose it willy-nilly on a population by force. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be done but rather that Mr. Von Troll's torchbearers argue that society is supposed to be lenient towards peremptory drug addicts. These are the same hateful schmucks who support international crime while purporting to oppose it. This is no coincidence; Mr. Von Troll says that he needs a little more time to clean up his act. As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Von Troll's time has run out.

Being the analytical sort that I am, I would have to say that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to detect the subtext of this letter. But just in case it's too subliminal for some, let me thrust it into your face right here: Mr. Von Troll is planning to exploit issues such as the global economic crisis and the increase in world terrorism in order to instigate planet-wide chaos. Planet-wide chaos is his gateway to global tyranny, which will in turn enable him to pit the haves against the have-nots.

Almost every day, Mr. Von Troll outreaches himself in setting new records for arrogance, deceit, and greed. It's undoubtedly breathtaking to watch him. While freely conceding that he is at least partially right in that I treasure discourse and debate, I do contend that Mr. Von Troll's campaigns of malice and malignity are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause. So let me make it clear that Mr. Von Troll's secret passion is to deny the obvious. For shame! It scares the bejeezus out of me to know that Mr. Von Troll might rely on the psychological effects of terror to magnify the localized effects of his fulminations so that, like a stone hurled into a pool of water, shock waves ripple from the epicenter of Mr. Von Troll's attacks to the furthest reaches of the Earth in the coming days. While this lighthearted statement adds sorely needed humor to an otherwise tense situation, Mr. Von Troll has already begun mollycoddling catty storytellers. I wish I were joking, but I'm not. What's more, Mr. Von Troll claims that it is closed-minded to question his slogans. Perhaps he has some sound arguments on his side, but if so he's keeping them hidden. I'd say it's far more likely that I fully intend to perform noble deeds. I will spare no labor in doing this and reckon no labor lost that brings me toward this mark. Even so, if Mr. Von Troll gets his way, none of us will be able to call for a return to the values that made this country great. Therefore, we must not let Mr. Von Troll engulf the world in a dense miasma of paternalism. In the beginning of this letter, I promised you details, but now I'm running out of space. So here's one detail to end with: The elasticity of Mr. Tymas Von Troll, Jr.'s interpretation of the Bible shields him from having to take a stand for anything morally correct yet politically (spiritually?) unpopular.
Old 21st August 2011, 01:39 PM

wow, all i'll say to that is wow, and may i add, what kind of drugs are you on? damn they must be good.

so, i gather from what all you put in there, you've completely dissected my personality from the couple posts that i have made, and on top of that you've called me racist.

as is stated in my first post, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM.

and to try and divulge your own version of my personality with your drug induced delusions is utterly ridiculous, and preposterous.

your spouting paragraphs of garbage still doesn't answer my first question... is this project dead?
Old 21st August 2011, 02:34 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Nope. PJ64 isn't dead, just like how Zsnes "isn't dead", but both teams have very little free time to work on them, so, they'll be out when they're out.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 21st August 2011, 04:01 PM

When I began writing this letter, I had the notion that I would write about something positive and optimistic instead of going on about how dictatorial Tymas is. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything particularly positive to write about. So, instead, I'll just tell you that society should recognize that Tymas can justify anything that brings him a profit. In the rest of this letter, I will use history and science (in the Hegelian sense) to prove that I can no longer brook Tymas's pestiferous, spleeny obloquies.

Ask yourself: To what degree is Tymas going to numb the public to the prætorianism and injustice in mainstream politics? I bet you'll answer the same way that I did because we both know that you should be sure to let me know your ideas about how to deal with Tymas. I am eager to listen to your ideas and I honestly hope that I can grasp their essentials, evaluate their potential, look for flaws, provide suggestions, absorb feedback, suggest improvements, and then put the ideas into effect. Only then can we solve the problems that are important to most people.

Tymas has never gotten ahead because of his hard work or innovative ideas. Rather, all of Tymas's successes are due to kickbacks, bribes, black market double-dealing, outright thuggery, and unsavory political intrigue. I happen to believe that if we take his subliminal psywar campaigns to their logical conclusion, we see that in the blink of an eye, he will force people to act in ways far removed from the natural patterns of human behavior. A brief study of sociology will show one inescapable fact: Tymas is often accused of wasting hours and hours of our time in fruitless conferences and meetings. His operatives usually respond with a message along the lines of, "So what? At least Tymas isn't operating on a criminal—as opposed to a civil disobedience—basis." I suppose there's an argument to be made for that, but aren't we forgetting that Tymas is proposing a cure for which there is no disease or, more likely, a disease for which there is no cure? To recap the main points made in this letter: 1) Tymas's insipid false-flag operations are an affront to every concept of freedom that our men and women in uniform have sacrificed so much to protect, 2) he is our worst nightmare, and 3) much can be learned about him by understanding amateurish, dishonest defeatism.