Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 21st November 2015, 06:53 PM

Default Help downgrading from 2.1.0.1 to to 1.6 and keep my game progress?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. OOT frequently crashes on 2.1.0.1 without warning ("While processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator"), and I end up losing whatever progress I didn't manage to save. I heard 1.6 is much more stable, is it possible to switch and keep my game progress? Thanks

Last edited by 1ans2no1; 21st November 2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 21st November 2015, 08:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ans2no1 View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. OOT frequently crashes on 2.1.0.1 without warning ("While processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator"), and I end up losing whatever progress I didn't manage to save. I heard 1.6 is much more stable, is it possible to switch and keep my game progress? Thanks
As long as the game is saved in-game and not a save state, it should work fine.
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 21st November 2015, 08:44 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Or try upgrading to the latest GitHub version.

You can get it at EmuCR if you can't build yourself. Use userscloud link, its safest. Other links have pop ups and exe download hijackers.

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/N64?&max-results=12

And if you find issues with this version, you can create an issue for it on GitHub. This may help identify issues that need fixing.
https://github.com/project64/project64

Last edited by Frank74; 21st November 2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:40 AM

Its OK.. no problem.
Old 18th January 2016, 05:39 PM

Edit: I just realized you want to go DOWN to 1.6. That's fine as the process I describe below will STILL apply.

Something to always try is if you run into a scenario where one version of the emu loads your save while another version doesn't (despite the same .eep being in both emu's save folder) boot up the emu with the properly working save and create a save state. As soon as the save state is created load it up; press F5, wait 5 secs., then press F7. If the save state was successfully loaded close the emu. Just to nail it in what I JUST described is all done on the emu with the properly loading IN GAME save. NOW, open the emu you WANT to have the game save work on. Open the game and when it's loaded and running press "Ctrl+L". This will open a window. At this point navigate to the emu that works with the in game save. Navigate to it's save folder (or where ever you've set save states to save to) and find the save state. Double click the zip. If all goes well the save state should load and when you next save in game the ".eep" file will be properly updated!

I can personally confirm this has worked for me going from Project 64 1.7 to Project 64 2.2.0.3 (i.e.the latest available build) with a Donkey Kong 64 save.

Last edited by NUK3 TH3 WHAL35; 18th January 2016 at 09:06 PM.