Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 14th September 2010, 08:43 PM

Default Help setting up P64 and using a controller

Hey I'm new to emulators, so I have a few questions.

The only game I'm really interested in in playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The game plays fine, but the textures look horrible like jpegs that have been "blown up". Is there a way to fix this so I can play the game at full screen without it looking really bad? I've tried an alternative set of graphics plug ins, but then the animate elements became blank shapes.

Also, I've found that playing without a controller is kind of unbearable. How hard/expensive is it to hook up an N64 controller to my computer? What would I need to do this? Is there a different USB controller that would work well with a game like Zelda where you need to be able to use all of the controls easily and in real time?

Thanks.
Old 15th September 2010, 01:02 AM
Project Supporter

"The only game I'm really interested in in playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The game plays fine, but the textures look horrible like jpegs that have been "blown up". Is there a way to fix this so I can play the game at full screen without it looking really bad? I've tried an alternative set of graphics plug ins, but then the animate elements became blank shapes."

Could be your video card, I had that problem. I got a new video card and it worked fine.
Old 27th September 2010, 01:06 AM
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrourke View Post
Hey I'm new to emulators, so I have a few questions.

The only game I'm really interested in in playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The game plays fine, but the textures look horrible like jpegs that have been "blown up". Is there a way to fix this so I can play the game at full screen without it looking really bad? I've tried an alternative set of graphics plug ins, but then the animate elements became blank shapes.
Maybe you should set the full screen resolution to the highest res your monitor will support.

Would you supply a snapshot and your system specifications so I could diagnose it correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrourke View Post
Is there a different USB controller that would work well with a game like Zelda where you need to be able to use all of the controls easily and in real time?

Thanks.
The official Microsoft Wired Xbox360 controller is the best PC controller I've used. (In fact it may be the best) It's like an enhanced Gamecube controller and I've found it to be great with Ocarina of Time, along with all the other N64 Titles. Although you may want to save a second config file for DPAD only titles, such as Pokémon Stadium, because constant remapping gets old. But you did say you were mainly focused on OOT.

Tags
controller setup, plugins, zelda oot