Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 17th November 2008, 09:13 PM

Smile The Code Is...

801348F3 00XX

There is the code, just replace the XX with what ever value you want it to be.

Note if you set it to zero, then you will never be able get knocked off as you will fall instantly. So the only way to get knocked would be is if you walked off the edge.

Note if you set it really high like FF then a single smash hit would more than likely instantly knock you off.

One last note when you check the damage value for the first time after turning this cheat on it may be off by one, but don't worry go up one level in the menu and then go back and the damage value should look correct then.

Note I've tried change this value while in mid-game so I don't know what would happen if you did.

Lastly, I recommend setting the value between 1 and F with the stocks set to 99 for what will seem like a really really long match,
Old 17th November 2008, 09:27 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Mr. Syrup

thankx dafees will work this out!!
Also, on top of what I said above, you listen here okay?! Look closely at this fist, if you so much as smell it wrong it'll impose itself onto your face okay?! You think you tough? I bet behind that PC you're just a timid old clown capable of nothing but wackin the sackin. You smell me tigga?!
Old 17th November 2008, 10:08 PM

Update, I did some play testing with this cheat and unfortunately it throws an error in mid battle (but it worked as expected before it threw the error):

"Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801348F0

dsra32 at, t1, 0x3

Stopping Emulation!"

I'm confused because back when I had my working GS I don't recall ever getting this error er well an error in general.

Last edited by DaFees; 17th November 2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:20 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

You might find those messages to be random, but special GameShark cheats can be the reason for their random execution.

Noteably the address where the game crashed is close to the one your cheat code is writing to...maybe you can manage to verify near a crash point? Not sure why this should be the issue if the cheat code is a single command in a damage modifier....
Old 17th November 2008, 10:35 PM

I think the error may have been random. I checked my task manager and I had more than one instance of PJ64 running even though I could only see one instance visibly being open.

Also, I just tried another round with the cheat and all seemed fine. If some drastic happens I'll let you know, otherwise I think this code is solid.

EDIT - just did some more testing. I got this error again, my first battle was one on one and I got no error, this time is was a 4 person ffa and I got the error almost instantly after the fight started.

Also what do you mean verify near a crash point, I'm unsure of what you mean here?

Last edited by DaFees; 17th November 2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 18th November 2008, 03:16 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I would want to know for sure if the cheat is allowing this to happen; it's just a single code action. But from the sound of it it is...so I guess it's known instability. Have you tried testing it with other emulators like 1964 or Mupen64?
Old 18th November 2008, 04:08 AM

Ok, I just did a quick 4 person ffa in the 1964 emulator and everything seemed fine. The cheat worked as expected. I couldn't test Mupen64 as I quite unfamiliar with that particular emulator and I have no clue as to how to enable cheats with that emulator.

At this point however, I'm starting to think maybe it's an issue within PJ64. I'll go do some more play testing with 1964 just to verify.

EDIT - I did a few more battles and surprise surprise nothing went wrong. Everything worked as I expected. Now if only 1964 worked as well as PJ64 then I'd have a temporary fix until we can figure out why PJ64 doesn't like the cheat.

Last edited by DaFees; 18th November 2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old 18th November 2008, 04:21 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

schibo spent loads of time on the recompiler as well; it's the only one to support Vista so well internally.

What if in Project64 you right-click Edit Game Settings, set it to use the interpreter instead? This will be slower, but it could narrow it down. It's not unnatural for some cheats to raise problems in emulators in general.
Old 18th November 2008, 04:43 AM

Ok, I set the game settings to interpreter and while it did run MUCH slower it didn't give me any errors with the code.
Old 18th November 2008, 04:56 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Very useful to know for me. Now there are four advanced game memory processing settings that are rendered irrelevant as to what they're set to when you use the Interpreter instead of the Recompiler:
  • Advanced Block Linking
  • Register Caching
  • code self-modification method "Self. mod Core Method"
  • compiler buffer expansion "Large Compile Buffer"
It would be helpful to know in as far as that what really helps Project64 be more stable with cheats. It's come to my generalization that 1964 ironically has the most stable recompiler, and Mupen64's recompiler is currently the only one to really get e.g. Top Gear Overdrive going. (Now Project64 does as well.) And Project64, well recent development shows there's a hell of a lot of knowledgability put into this thing, but there's some side effects due to accuracy I take. Right now to evaluate that try meddling with those settings?

(I'll be back tomorrow.)