Old 10th November 2018, 08:30 PM

Default xbox 360 controller

Hi. I'm trying to use this xbox 360 usb wired controller "https://www.amazon.ca/Controller-Diswoe-Wired-Microsoft-Windows/dp/B079BH9MMV/ref=pd_aw_sbs_147_of_36?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07 9BH9MMV&pd_rd_r=b339d8a7-dfd9-11e8-b8c2-271c112ae42d&pd_rd_w=WiTx8&pd_rd_wg=CMAGV&pf_rd_i= mobile-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_p=3fa2d334-7ab1-47df-a46b-3a607fd250e3&pf_rd_r=JG4WDKVS546GTY2610P1&pf_rd_s= mobile-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=8QX077HAKWQVF88FCN 9R", with project64. In the "configure controller plugin" options, it seems like it correctly programs all the buttons, but then when playing a game like hydro thunder, the x, a, y, and b buttons (up, down, left, and right) don't work properly, and the L-bump button, does what the down a button should do).

Also, when trying to use the vibration feedback rumble pak feature, for "force-feedback device" it says "none" and there doesn't seem to be a way to select the controller. Is there a way to get the buttons assigned and working properly, and get the vibration feedback to work properly? Thanks.
Old 11th November 2018, 01:52 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Are you using xinput?
Old 12th November 2018, 12:42 AM

I don't think I was using the xinput mode, but now the xinput button is checked if that's what you mean. If I check it, then the button configuration options change and they're confusing, I don't know how to configure the buttons properly in xinput mode, although most buttons seem to be configured properly by default, except for the c-buttons (x,y,b, and a) on the controller.

Also, even in xinput mode, when I go to the "controller pak" tab, uncheck "raw data", and select "rumble pak" from the drop-down menu, it says "The RumblePak will be handled by the emulator. You won't get force-feedback; the emulator may use its own method (i.e. visual), or it might do nothing at all.", and I played a game which is designed to use the rumble pak feature, but the vibration feedback on my ps3 or xbox style controllers doesn't seem to work with it.

The sellers of the controllers have said that they have the vibration feedback feature, and that apparently they use the xbox 360 driver which is automatically installed on windows 7 when plugging them in to get them to work, but is there anything else I need to install to get them working in project64? Thanks.

Last edited by ip02; 17th November 2018 at 03:03 PM.