Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 20th November 2018, 01:24 AM

Default Using 2 usb controllers in project64 at same time to play 2 player games

Hi. I have two usb controllers that I'm trying to use in project64 at the same time to play two player games. One is a rii pro gp400 usb wired controller, the other one is a generic xbox 360 usb wired controller. Both of them were installed with windows 7's default xbox 360 drivers.

They both work in the devices and printers controller configuration test pages, and both work to program the buttons in project64's controller profiles #1 and #2, but only one of them (the xbox 360 controller) works in project64 when trying to play a two player game.

Both controllers have "plugged", "xinput", and "rawdata" checked and "rumble pak" selected from the drop down menu. Does anyone know how to get both controllers working in project64 at the same time? Also, are there any other drivers I should install other than the ones that windows installed? Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks.
Old 20th November 2018, 02:23 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Have you tried the other one without xinput? Can you post your controller config?
Old 21st November 2018, 10:05 PM

Thanks for your response. After further testing, both controllers seem to be working properly in xinput mode. It seems I just didn't know how to configure two player mode in one of the games that I was using for testing, which made me think that both controllers weren't working, but now I've tested both controllers with a few different games, including the one I was using for testing, and they all seem to be working fine.

However, another issue I'm having, is that the graphics and audio quality doesn't seem to be very good in some games with the default settings. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks, and have a good day.

Last edited by ip02; 22nd November 2018 at 01:23 AM.