Old 11th May 2015, 07:47 AM

Default n64 controller is glitchy

So i bought an n64 controller adapter for pc USB and a brand new nintendo 64 controller online and tried playing on project 64. Its very glitchy. As trying to get the controller to work smoothly, i downloaded xpadder. I can see that the start button and dpad are constantly tapping the button at high rate making it hard to set the controller functions to what i want without the start button taking its place. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? bad controller? Also, any recommended replacements? was thinking an xbox controller or a straight USB N64 controller without the adapter. Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
So i bought an n64 controller adapter for pc USB and a brand new nintendo 64 controller online and tried playing on project 64. Its very glitchy. As trying to get the controller to work smoothly, i downloaded xpadder. I can see that the start button and dpad are constantly tapping the button at high rate making it hard to set the controller functions to what i want without the start button taking its place. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? bad controller? Also, any recommended replacements? was thinking an xbox controller or a straight USB N64 controller without the adapter. Thanks
What adapter are you using and why are you using xpadder? I used Mayflower back in the day with no real problems on Adaptiod.

Most people have problems with the analog stick when using adapters, have you even tried configurating your gamecontroller?
Old 11th May 2015, 06:30 PM

the adapter im using is by may flash

and yeah, ive tried configuring the controller with the internal project 64 configuration, but when having problems, started looking for an alternative like xpadder. And with the joy stick, pushing up only makes my character walk slowly while the left and right are normal speeds. So sounds like i may have to experiment with different controllers?
Old 11th May 2015, 07:40 PM

I went to the gaming store ealier where i asked to borrow a controller. I had the same issue. I also used an xbox controller with USB and it worked flawlessly. So im assuming the problem is with the adapter. Looks like its time too do some shopping
Old 12th May 2015, 12:06 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah, mayflash has lots of problems