Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 16th August 2011, 12:57 AM

just checked on the direct 3D6 1.6 plugin settings, found a box labeled "force alpha blending" ticked(90% chance thats my fault ) unticked it, and everything magically appeared in the first course.

However i remember reading in the FAQ that, this plugin has dissolve effect problems with this game anyway, so i'll use the Rice plugin to be 100% safe.
Old 16th August 2011, 01:06 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I didn't think even that option would have messed it that bad though I admit and just that one course either. Well at least that explains.

Well, the dissolve effect is like when you're wearing the invisibility cap, teleporting, when Bowser does a pull-the-rabbit-out-of-the-ass, floats up into the air, and dies when Mario kills him (no just kidding but something close to that). Things like that. It's when the object is semi-transparent with a "pixelated" appearance, hence it appears to be "dissolved". Rice's plugin doesn't support it either, though.
Old 16th August 2011, 06:10 PM

After reading the whole thing, I decided to open up my SM64 ROM with the 1.5.2 plugin to see if the problem described also exists to my plugin. It's a newly installed and fresh Project64 1.6, so I changed to that said plugin and never noticed the problem in the first course. All what I could say it could be something in your computer specs, though I'm unsure and not so expert in this. But you've changed to the 1.6 plugin that fixed your problem anyways, so keep with it.
Old 16th August 2011, 08:40 PM

just fiddled with a couple settings on the 1.5.2 plugin, works there too now . No problems in the castle either, like what i remember seeing in another topic. No missing shadows, or half of the emblem on the floor showing up. There was never any problem with my computer specs, just me fiddling with settings i shouldn't be

One interesting thing i've noticed though, is that if i earn a life during a level and keep it(say leaving me with 5) then save and take a break to eat or something, when i come back my life count is reset to 4 though my number of stars remains intact. Whats the point of even putting extra lives in, if they're going to rob you of them.

Last edited by rmcin329; 16th August 2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 17th August 2011, 05:14 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The number of extra lives you have is never saved to the EEPROM. Once you reset the game and re-load your saved game progress from your corresponding file, you will always return with exactly four extra lives.

It is kind of pointless when you think about it I suppose lol, but I never die unless I do something extremely f**king stupid. So I never pick the mushrooms up anyway unless I get to chase them for the lulz as just random impulse pickups.