Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Suggestions

View Poll Results: DO you want Nintendo 64 DISK DRIVE files to be emulated in PROJECT 64?
yes 12 70.59%
no 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th June 2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
Please don't. we don't want any (more) idiots here.

Unicorn fountain was never going to be in the game, it was a construct of the Beta, to demonstrate the engine and nothing more.

Hmm, trying to make yourself look smarter by calling others idiots seems a bit desperate me thinks.

I just might have to see what those guys really think.

Last edited by pj64u000; 25th June 2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 24th June 2009, 08:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't need to try, I AM smarter. I've also been apart of the zelda community for along time under various guises and these people have never given any reason to see them as anything but idiots, that try to hard. lol.

Ura Zelda, was meant to have higher detail textures thanks to the higher space on the disk, but it was mean't to just be an expansion akin to to the Legend of Zelda, second quest.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 25th June 2009, 01:50 AM

Angry Stop!

I POSTED THIS FORUM TO TRY TO GET THE 64DD NOTICED, NOT FOR YOU TO RANT ON WHO IS CORRECT

look lets just try to get the 64DD emulated in Project 64 ok?

if some one would like to get the IRIX OS i am posting it no my google site in 5 days have fun.

i also have mario no photope.v64 which i post up as well
Old 25th June 2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
I don't need to try, I AM smarter. I've also been apart of the zelda community for along time under various guises and these people have never given any reason to see them as anything but idiots, that try to hard. lol.

Ura Zelda, was meant to have higher detail textures thanks to the higher space on the disk, but it was mean't to just be an expansion akin to to the Legend of Zelda, second quest.
You know, there's two types of smart. There's smart people and then there's educated idiots, see where I'm going with this?

OoT or "Zelda 64" was originally a game that only worked with the 64DD add-on. It used 64DD's extra space and features in order to deliver a more content filled game. Did you even read the article I posted earlier? You mentioned "higher textures" and that might have been a part of it but more importantly it had more scenery and more quests. This would also kind of explain why some development screens show much bigger versions of the environments compared to what we finally got in the end. Have a look at these pics.

http://www.x-cult.org/newegg/

Quote:
This picture is actually within the last 8 months of Zelda's
development. But it still shows a jette going into the Lake! Why was
this removed?
The whole point was to have it work only with the 64DD and they had the game completed to an extent but once the 64DD started showing poor consumer interest they decide to "remake the game" to be sold on a standard N64 cartridge. As a direct result of this they ended up cutting chunks of who knows how much content from the original game and then they prepared some of the cut content as an expansion pack for the 64DD known as "Ura Zelda".

It was a bigger game, unlike OoT Master Quest which is basically the same file size as OoT. "Ura Zelda" translated = "Another Zelda" not "same Zelda with rearranged enemies" As to whether or not the final version turned out to be better than what was expected with the 64DD, I guess only the developers can know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealexproject View Post
I POSTED THIS FORUM TO TRY TO GET THE 64DD NOTICED, NOT FOR YOU TO RANT ON WHO IS CORRECT

look lets just try to get the 64DD emulated in Project 64 ok?
Welcome to the internet.

I voted yes BTW.

Last edited by pj64u000; 25th June 2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 25th June 2009, 05:57 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

honestly, the 64DD failed for a reason,
Ura Zelda would've ruined OoT.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 25th June 2009, 06:10 AM

Quote:
honestly, the 64DD failed for a reason,
Ura Zelda would've ruined OoT.

Maybe or maybe not, we can only hope that one day a dump of the game eventually leaks on teh internetz, especially when the 64DD developer's kit is out in the open I guess. The Master Quest debug ROM leaked and that was highly unexpected so who knows.

Last edited by pj64u000; 25th June 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 27th June 2009, 10:42 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah, again, I've done exactly 0 research regarding all the zelda stuff.... but I wager that if someone's got some sort of 64DD dump of "Ura Zelda" it's not this wonderful expanded content version you're talking about. If someone had a finished (or even working) copy of that, I think it'd be bigger news and there'd be more hard information and less talk of interviews and pre-release dev screenshots. As for getting it emulated on pj64, that'd be awesome, but I believe it's been stated that it's not even at the bottom of the list, it's simply not something they intend to try.
Old 27th June 2009, 01:30 PM

Default ura zelda rom dump file

i have that file but cant get it to run in project 64

i tried tom post it as an attachment in zip format but says its to big of a file

its 5.03 mb and i do get to hear the sound!

does this help you at all?
Old 27th June 2009, 06:42 PM

Talking i have the rom files

OMFG

I was able to get it to work in pj64!

I used ppf-o-matic to put the ura zelda rom as a patch for OoT

and it works as long as you set it for 8mb in advaced settings or the error
The rom is trying to read off of non cached memory!
Old 27th June 2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgey View Post
Yeah, again, I've done exactly 0 research regarding all the zelda stuff.... but I wager that if someone's got some sort of 64DD dump of "Ura Zelda" it's not this wonderful expanded content version you're talking about. If someone had a finished (or even working) copy of that, I think it'd be bigger news and there'd be more hard information and less talk of interviews and pre-release dev screenshots. As for getting it emulated on pj64, that'd be awesome, but I believe it's been stated that it's not even at the bottom of the list, it's simply not something they intend to try.
Depends, there's two different things to keep in mind when talking about a possible leak of Zelda that works with the 64DD, one could be an incomplete or "prototype" version of the original "64DD only" game known as "Zelda 64" before it was sliced and edited to work without the 64DD add-on. The other would be a leak of the 64DD expansion pack known as "Ura Zelda" for a regular N64 game, OoT in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealexproject View Post
i have that file but cant get it to run in project 64

i tried tom post it as an attachment in zip format but says its to big of a file

its 5.03 mb and i do get to hear the sound!

does this help you at all?
http://www.zshare.net/

Last edited by pj64u000; 28th June 2009 at 12:14 AM.