Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 29th November 2010, 03:49 PM

Default Majora's Mask minor problem

I just started playing the game again and I've run into some issues that didn't seem to be there last time I've played it on the same PC.
The picture I take with the pictograph is just pink. The second problem is kinda weird, when I'm trying to sneak into the deku garden, all the deku scrubs patrolling it have these pink dots coming from their faces forming a line. The line seems to be the range in which they can detect me. I know they are small problems but they weren't there before.
I'm using the default plugins and I didn't mess around to much with the settings.
I only changed the resolution to 800x600, triple buffer vsync, I checked that thing that doubles the size of the textures(forgot the name), anti aliasing x4, and antistropic filtering x16.
I'm sure that last time I played I had different settings though.
My card is Nvidia Geforce 7300GS/7200SE
Thanks.
Old 29th November 2010, 04:10 PM

The pictograph photos are usually tinged pinkish brown even on the n64 is it solid pink? As for the dots they only appear at night and they are supposed to be there. If there are any more specifics you can provide about your plugins i may be able to help with other problems. Currently my system is emulating this game perfectly(tho im not that far yet just beat the swamp), I have settings to optimize this, paper mario, mario kart, ssb, and sm64. Hope this helps.
#1: Squall Leonhart- Final Fantasy VIII (PS)
Simply put Squall, spends most of the game raining on everyone's parade. I, for one, found this to be quite amusing. The amusing aspects of his depressive nature appears early in the game when he is talking with his mentor/party member, Quistis. After her emotional plea that he "doesn't have to talk, just listen," Squall replies with the jaw-droppingly cold mega-burn, "Then talk to a wall" *leaves*. Squall, they just don't get any funnier than that.
Old 29th November 2010, 04:16 PM

Also what version of the emulator are you using?
Simply put Squall, spends most of the game raining on everyone's parade. I, for one, found this to be quite amusing. The amusing aspects of his depressive nature appears early in the game when he is talking with his mentor/party member, Quistis. After her emotional plea that he "doesn't have to talk, just listen," Squall replies with the jaw-droppingly cold mega-burn, "Then talk to a wall" *leaves*. Squall, they just don't get any funnier than that.
Old 29th November 2010, 04:17 PM

I'm using all the default plugins.
Yea the picture is solid pink but I don't really care as long as that is the only problem. I can't believe that I didn't know that those dots are supposed to be there at night lol.
Thanks a lot for the help.

EDIT:
the public version 1.6
Old 29th November 2010, 11:25 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I'm not sure the stars are supposed to be that sharp though, like square dots of that flexible pixilation you see.

So yeah the dots are supposed to be there at night, but they're supposed to be stars...just rendered badly by the plugin.

Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM will fix the pictographs...I forgot if there was a RiceVideo config I was able to set for FBO support of the pictographs, but RiceVideo sucks with MM anyway.
Old 30th November 2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
I'm not sure the stars are supposed to be that sharp though, like square dots of that flexible pixilation you see.

So yeah the dots are supposed to be there at night, but they're supposed to be stars...just rendered badly by the plugin.
No they are supposed to be dots.
I played it on my n64 to be sure 'cause I thought for sure they were dots.

And they are.

Not that it matters or makes even a tiny blip in the difference of the gameplay.

Last edited by SeriousSam; 30th November 2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: 'cuz
Old 30th November 2010, 04:21 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well, if you think about it, stars and dots are actually the same thing, but my point is that they're intended to be stars. They're just more correctly rendered by the N64 than by emulation renders, where the dots are larger and sometimes shiver slightly during camera movements (especially on the Rice plugins).

lol you guys are talking about the flashlights the Deku police dudes use at night, not the sky, then those are just light...I don't call them dots or stars, I just avoid them and don't get caught

Last edited by HatCat; 30th November 2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 30th November 2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Well, if you think about it, stars and dots are actually the same thing, but my point is that they're intended to be stars. They're just more correctly rendered by the N64 than by emulation renders, where the dots are larger and sometimes shiver slightly during camera movements (especially on the Rice plugins).
Oh, ok i thought you meant stars as in shaped like a star...
like this:

My bad man didn't mean to offend you.

Also how could anything possibly emulate an n64 game better than an n64?
Isn't the goal of an emulator to match the console as closely as possible?
Old 30th November 2010, 04:29 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Wow I caused a lot of miscommunication lol.

If I just didn't get bored reading his long post, I would have picked up that the "dots" weren't the square-like, bad textures of the stars in the night sky--but the lights coming out of the Deku guards at night.

Hm I just meant the N64 rendered the night sky stars better than the emulator did.
Old 30th November 2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Wow I caused a lot of miscommunication lol.

If I just didn't get bored reading his long post, I would have picked up that the "dots" weren't the square-like, bad textures of the stars in the night sky--but the lights coming out of the Deku guards at night.

Hm I just meant the N64 rendered the night sky stars better than the emulator did.
Wow lots of miscommunication. I thought you had said the emulator emulated them better than the n64. I read that segment backwards. It confused me.

And they are totally a line of white dots.
Wether they are flashlights or not remains to be seen(currently under investigation) is there even electricity in Majora's Mask?