Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 5th June 2011, 04:26 PM

Default Wierd bug with Project 64 1.6

Hi guys i have a problem with project 64 1.6 but the problem is too hard to explain so i will post a link here to youtube
pls help guys :d
Wierd bug with Project 64 1.6
Link ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuopoAE4X9Q )

Last edited by codgod666; 9th June 2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 5th June 2011, 06:06 PM

Might be the graphics plugin you use or simply the fact that PJ64 can't emulate every aspect of Nintendo 64.
Old 5th June 2011, 06:16 PM

Yeah, try searching the board for DK64 - there are a number of problems with DK64 emulation with the default plugins. I think Glide64 emulates the game better. But existing threads on this board have information on a range of DK64 problems and fixes, including graphical glitches.
The video says that you have a similar problem with Ocarina of Time? Exactly what is wrong with Ocarina of Time? Almost all of the game should run OK afaik.

Last edited by Alunalun; 5th June 2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 5th June 2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunalun View Post
yeah, try searching the board for dk64 - there are a number of problems with dk64 emulation with the default plugins. I think glide64 emulates the game better. But existing threads on this board have information on a range of dk64 problems and fixes, including graphical glitches.
The video says that you have a similar problem with ocarina of time? Exactly what is wrong with ocarina of time? Almost all of the game should run ok afaik.
yes i have exactly the same problem with many other games
including ocarina of time
its when i get close to a detail, like dirt track carpet and roads they will dissappear in the exact same why as in the dk64 vid
Old 5th June 2011, 08:56 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

lol, like I said,

"Options" menu
pick "Settings..."

Then it'll ask you if you want to change from "Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6" to "Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2".

So do that. You don't need to download the plugin; it should already be installed.

So see if that works better or worse with the games.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
lol, like I said,

"Options" menu
pick "Settings..."

Then it'll ask you if you want to change from "Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6" to "Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2".

So do that. You don't need to download the plugin; it should already be installed.

So see if that works better or worse with the games.
LOL all that did was update my camera view when ever i move but it add a flickery movement, it sucks.
and my problem still there 100%
Old 5th June 2011, 09:29 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't care. It was just to test the texture cache setting.
Duh it's going to have side effects. It's an older version of the plugin.

So if it's not texture-caching-related it's a problem with your graphics card or runtime configuration.

See if you can find out what your graphics card is.
Old 26th June 2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codgod666 View Post
yes i have exactly the same problem with many other games
including ocarina of time
its when i get close to a detail, like dirt track carpet and roads they will dissappear in the exact same why as in the dk64 vid
Yes, when you cheat on PJ64, and EVEN on a real N64, weird things happen. Some things lose, or they repeat, and, in fact, there are some others that if you already have, when you get them again, sometimes the game mixes up, freezes, gets jagged up, et cetera. So, it's not suggested to use ALL the cheats at a time. If the cheat has a note, follow it to prevento annoying yourself. Example: In Oot, there's the cheat of levitating, and, where you get to a unreachable ground (note:this doesn't includes real ground that is hard to access), the layes "vanishes" and you begin falling. After a while, you get totally falled and you lose part of the life (like when you fall off a cliff).

Last edited by l30n4rd07; 26th June 2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Correction and grammar
Old 26th June 2011, 03:51 AM
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Project64 Team

You are welcome to upload a save state here, I'll check it out, I have the same video card actually so I'm doubting it's hardware related... sadly the 1.6 is very old at this point so there is also a chance it's been fixed in 1.7

anyway if you upload I can let you know either way.
Old 5th June 2011, 07:17 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

That should be the convenience URL.

Also that looks like an instance of texture memory overflow or the like that happens in the newer plugin.

See if you get better results with the Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin (instead of --8 1.6). You can change this value in the "Plugins" tab of the Project64 Options/Settings... dialogue.

Tags
1.6, bug, n64, project, wierd