Old 21st November 2016, 03:26 PM

Default Project64 for Linux

Hi a friend of mind and developer for high end peripherals for the Nintendo 64 develops and use tests his equipment and needs to test his equipment but he uses Linux. He is the premiere developer of N64 to USB peripherals but he uses Linux. So what I am asking is can you develop a Project 64 for Linux because right now he is developing something very special but he needs PJ64 Linux. Because the Smash 64 community uses PJ64k and he has already developed one.. for Mupen and we need it. So if a developer sees this I'm awaiting your response.
Old 26th November 2016, 02:22 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Is this peripheral thing supposed to be some kind of secret?

You mentioned Project64k for NetPlay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2salz View Post
Hi a friend of mind and developer for high end peripherals for the Nintendo 64 develops and use tests his equipment and needs to test his equipment but he uses Linux. He is the premiere developer of N64 to USB peripherals but he uses Linux.
Wow what an impossible combination. It's almost like he has a computer, two arms and a brain yet he uses Linux !

Anyway, Project64 has been compiling on Linux for some time now; it just has a lot of run-time features specific to those C++ classes that haven't been ported over.

Why would he need an emulator to create a N64 hardware peripheral, though? You know Mupen64 works on Linux already?