Old 28th June 2018, 04:55 PM

Default Conker BFD Counterfactor and Overclock.

Hey Everyone, excuse if this isn't the right area for this.

Just wondering if anyone has any luck with adjusting the counter factor or the overclock feature in Conker's BFD?
I've been using codes to add more bots in multiplayer etc, just wanted to help the game run a bit smoother. RetroBen ported a FPS hack which I use. and it's very good, but sometimes the sound goes a little odd when things get really busy. that and also sometimes the score, crosshairs, blood and other effects all go invisible and will toggle on and off for a while. this is probably unrelated however, I feel this problem comes from the game itself when there is too much going on.

anyway, my problem.... changing the CF or the overclock feature seems to get me crashes during most cut-scenes or dialogue. a CF of 1 will work sometimes, but it feels like a 50-50 chance of the game crashing whenever you start a game, or score with the flag... anytime it has to load any special dialogue.
If I put the overclock feature on 3 (for example) it is guaranteed crashing. I can't even get past the N64 logo intro.
if I use load states, I can get into a game and play a match fine, right up until it has to play a cut-scene.. then crash.

to be specific. the crashing is purely the N64 software. I get no error messages and load state/restart all work fine.

wondering if anyone else has anything to add about this.
thanks.
Old 28th June 2018, 06:38 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I really wish someone would try to make 60fps work properly without the audio quirks that break things but it will most likely take enabling expansion pack support since the game always takes up almost all of the RDRAM most of the time.

Sometimes with 60fps enabled,the war plane crash scene can actually crash it and usually ends up with graphic effects overloading and vanishing during the explosion.

I am honestly curious what it would be like if the Live and Reloaded version (shamefully censored) was forced to run at 60fps via console hack or in emulation. (if it eventually gets past the freezing after booting on either emulator)
Haven't seen any evidence of it running on Xenia via the xbox 360 equivalent release. (wished there was footage/I swear there was a 360 release of that game,and the Banjo games can run on Xenia fine)
Old 29th June 2018, 03:16 PM

You didn't succeed at Conker 60fps? that's a shame.

I figured you're probably the guy around here to ask about this.
So as post mentions, do you have any experience with Conker counterfactor or overclock? is the crash problem there for everyone else?
I'm not fussed at 60fps... I just want a more consistent 30, without relying on GS codes.

also I may have fixed the problem with the score and other FX vanishing mid match. I think it's because we were using custom characters in War, eg: Having the Squirrel captain and boss Tedi over CPU player 5 and 6. I removed most of the custom characters and it stopped glitching out on us.

Tags
conker, counterfactor, crash