Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 26th July 2011, 07:23 AM

Exclamation Please help me! I'm such a noob..Nrage...

Hey everyone,
I'm completely new to emulators and had no idea they even existed until my brother showed me a couple days ago. Oh and I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit version.

I didn't have an xbox360 controller so I performed some surgery on my xbox1 controller so i could plug it into my USB..lol

Anyways so I download a driver called XBCD+

I then re-booted my computer and plugged in my xbox controller.
The device was recognized and the driver(s) were installed...actually quite fast I have to say..

I then came here where I downloaded Project64 with no problems at all.

Now...this is where the problems start.

When I go into my Control Panel>Game Controllers

I go to test and when I press buttons or triggers on the controller, they're recognized.

I then go into my Control Panel>XBCD+ Setup Utility and once again I can move the controls around and it's recognized.

BUT..when I go into a ROM I can't play with the controller, it's simply not working. So I went looking around and around on forums and found a plugin called NRage 2.2 or something like that.

..so I thought if I downloaded that it may solve my problem. (I also am really not sure what Load Profile/Save Profile for controllers is and how to use it...)
I download NRage and Winrar opens up and I then proceed to extract the filed in the proper locations, this is what it looks like in Winrar in a nutshell:

**Anything in parentheses is an image

(Folder).. File Folder
(Folder)docs File Folder 11/03/2010..
(Page)NRage_Input_V2 146,944 67,612 Application Extens... 10/03/2010.. 5C1CB7B0

I then proceed to Extract this file NRage_Input_V2.. into the Plugin folder of Project64. And I get this message:
(Caution sign) C:\Users\Neverend\Appdata\Local\Temp\NRage_Input_V 2.2_Beta.zip: Cannot create NRage_Input_V2.dll
Access is denied.

Same thing happens when I try to extract the "doc" files which by the way I have no idea where that goes, I presumed it went in the Docs folder in Project64..
Anyways like I said I'm a freaking noob and all I want to do is play Zelda again!

Can someone please help me??
Thank you so much to those who write back!!!!
Old 26th July 2011, 10:03 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Hm, are you running under an administrator account of Vista? That sounds like you don't have write permissions for that specific folder. You could try moving the installation of Project64 to somewhere on your hard disk (or another disk drive) where you do have write access, then installing the plugin.
Old 27th July 2011, 04:38 AM

Yes I'm running an admin account..and the funny thing is, about an hour after posting this thread, the controller worked perfectly..all I did was restart my computer, plug it in, run Pro64 as admin and the changed the plugin to NRage1.80...and then bam! It worked. It does have a bit of a problem staying recognized in the USB port and I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that it's a modified controller. I picked up an XBox 360 controller today and it worked beautifully. The only trouble is I prefer the original...lol
Anyways..thanks for your reply and I'm so glad it's working now..
Old 27th July 2011, 01:56 PM

Yeah, well after install/actualize drivers/programs you should reboot your PC even if the OS didn't asked you to. A wrong cracked Windows copy is sometimes the cause; all Windows CD's I have are cracked! they doesn't asks you to enter the CD key! The trouble with that is that avast! can become alittle annoying and AVG 9.0 too, but mostly at the beginning, after a while it stops kicking yer *ss with "Amenaza Detectada" or "Threat Detected" for the english version, or I don't know.
Old 28th July 2011, 12:26 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's possible that there was a write access violation because existing files or the directory was locked by another process you had running at the time then.
Old 28th July 2011, 08:30 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Nrage makes me Nraged. olololll
Old 28th July 2011, 06:11 PM

Hey dsx! That's exactly what I was thinking...at the time! lol
Old 28th July 2011, 07:09 PM
Project Supporter

Ngage, the Nrage.
Old 28th July 2011, 08:59 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

At least my typos aren't intentional lol.

Tags
nrage, problems, project64 1.6, winrar