Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 20th December 2012, 05:03 PM

Default Minor Majora's Mask display errors

Hey there guys, thanks for reading, I hope someone can help

Just to establish firstly, my game runs fine. There are a few texture bugs though (because I'm super fussy..) that I'd like to fix.

Textures that generate glows or reflection maps (skull kids eyes, moons eyes, mirror shield etc) don't seem to work.
Some cutscenes display with a black screen, the first few seconds of the opening title with the happy mask salesman and spinning majoras mask.

I've been tinkering with the graphics display settings but I don't want to change too much.. in case I forget what I've changed XD

Any help you guys could provide would be fab.

**Update** The cutscenes for wearing masks, forwarding and slowing time, and the entire sequence in the moon all display black screen. It seems to happen everytime the game is trying to render a visual effect, like blur.

:/ Help?

Last edited by Phan; 20th December 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 21st December 2012, 12:38 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

yea , blurring uses frame buffer objects for creating render instances, like afterimages?

So you would need a plugin supporting frame buffer effects to get those to work.

Or, you're using a HLE graphics plugin that just doesn't support the ucode properly. I've been getting into the habit of playing in LLE a lot more recently.

So see about:
* making sure you have latest (1.6.1) Jabo GFX plugin,
* try Glide64 alternatively if that doesn't get the blur effects and coronas,
* check that your video card is a modern NVIDIA GeForce or ATI (Radeon?) card
Old 21st December 2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolXD View Post
yea , blurring uses frame buffer objects for creating render instances, like afterimages?

So you would need a plugin supporting frame buffer effects to get those to work.

Or, you're using a HLE graphics plugin that just doesn't support the ucode properly. I've been getting into the habit of playing in LLE a lot more recently.

So see about:
Hey thanks for replying.
I'm actually using rices video plugin as (for some reason) it causes less skipping in the audio than Jabo's, which is the 1.6 version. I'll give both glide64 and a re-download of Jabo's plugin.
Yeh my graphics card is a radeon 3650.
Old 21st December 2012, 09:15 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolXD View Post

So see about:
Yes. Game stores past rendered frames into a texture buffer. Then these fullscreen quads are rendered with varying alpha channels so the images appear to fade in a blur.

Very simple to do on the PC too. Just 4 FBOs and a pixel shader. Object motion blur can be done in a similar way: render the object to be blurred to separate buffers to the main screen and use a shader when compositing onto the main frame.

Last edited by mudlord_; 21st December 2012 at 09:18 AM.

Tags
majoras mask, project 64 1.6