#1  
Old 8th June 2009, 07:30 AM
egrll egrll is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16
Default Net play?

I was wondering if it were possible to net play with Turok Rage Wars on Project64? I don't see a net play tab. If I can't net play with Project 64, could somebody tell me an emulator that can please? Thanks. =]

I just downloaded Project64 v1.6, just incase anybody was wondering what version I have.
I like the new download section. It looks more organized from the last time I saw it. =)
I also like how there's the previous versions of the emulator. I like how it shows a part of history and how much has been accomplished since then, even though I don't know what's been accomplished, or if anything's been accomplished, but it looks like something's been accomplished to me. Lol.

Last edited by egrll; 8th June 2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Editing rules.
  #2  
Old 8th June 2009, 07:48 AM
squall_leonhart's Avatar
squall_leonhart squall_leonhart is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,918
Default

the only version of pj64 to have netplay is the unsupported pj64k based off 1.4
__________________

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
  #3  
Old 8th June 2009, 09:36 AM
egrll egrll is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Leonhart View Post
the only version of pj64 to have netplay is the unsupported pj64k based off 1.4
Thanks for the info.
Why would an old version have net play and not the current? That doesn't make any sense to me. Does this v1.07 have net play? The one which money's needed to get? Lol. From torrent viewing, seeing you on The Pirate Bay there Squall, I wonder. Has v1.07 been leaked? How does it work to get v.107 anyways? Pay, download and that's it? That's what I've read. Do you need to sign into something to use the v1.07 emulator?

Off topic.
How do I change my name on this forum?

Last edited by egrll; 8th June 2009 at 09:39 AM.
  #4  
Old 9th June 2009, 07:00 AM
RadeonUser's Avatar
RadeonUser RadeonUser is offline
Core Team
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 131
Default

Netplay for PJ64 1.7 is planned as far as I am aware but there are no guarantees that it will make it into the final release.

The reason an older version of PJ64 has netplay support is because that version was modified by hotquik. The modifications hotquik made were a bit unstable though and the emulator tended to hang or become out of sync in certain situations. As Squall stated that version is called PJ64k, Project 64 Kaillera, and is based off Project 64 1.4.

As for obtaining a 'leaked' or 'cracked' version of PJ64 1.7 off a torrent site I wouldn't advise it since there have been fake and/or old versions leaked out with malware and other nasty software included.

If you're going to do it anyway just make sure the file is clean. There's nothing worse than having to reinstall an operating system and reload any software and/or settings that were installed.
__________________
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600
Ram: 4GB DDR2
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4770
Sound Card: On-Board Realtek ALC889A
  #5  
Old 9th June 2009, 10:22 AM
squall_leonhart's Avatar
squall_leonhart squall_leonhart is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,918
Default

So there you have it ^_^
__________________

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Last edited by squall_leonhart; 9th June 2009 at 10:26 AM.
  #6  
Old 9th June 2009, 12:29 PM
egrll egrll is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonUser View Post
Netplay for PJ64 1.7 is planned as far as I am aware but there are no guarantees that it will make it into the final release.

The reason an older version of PJ64 has netplay support is because that version was modified by hotquik. The modifications hotquik made were a bit unstable though and the emulator tended to hang or become out of sync in certain situations. As Squall stated that version is called PJ64k, Project 64 Kaillera, and is based off Project 64 1.4.

As for obtaining a 'leaked' or 'cracked' version of PJ64 1.7 off a torrent site I wouldn't advise it since there have been fake and/or old versions leaked out with malware and other nasty software included.

If you're going to do it anyway just make sure the file is clean. There's nothing worse than having to reinstall an operating system and reload any software and/or settings that were installed.
Thanks for the info.
I had no plans on downloading v.1.07. I was just wondering if such hard work got leaked, that's all. I was also was interested in seeing if somebody took something and did their own thing with it. From what I read, it just sounds like there's lots of bad things added to it. =[
I'm still wondering about the whole downloading thing though. You pay, get to download it as much as you want and that's it? Wouldn't that mean people could share the hard work out to others after somebody's downloaded it?
  #7  
Old 9th June 2009, 05:55 PM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,236
Default

When you are signed in you can download the beta. The download is unique to your user account. These exceptions provide information that can be used to see if you are a valid member.

A lot of contributions were made with this one, but there are other emulators supporting NetPlay.
  #8  
Old 10th June 2009, 02:12 AM
egrll egrll is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
When you are signed in you can download the beta. The download is unique to your user account. These exceptions provide information that can be used to see if you are a valid member.

A lot of contributions were made with this one, but there are other emulators supporting NetPlay.
Could you tell me these other emulators, that's if it's not against the rules of this forum to be talking about other emulation? I'm new to all of this, but I'm willing to learn much. =] Thanks.
  #9  
Old 10th June 2009, 02:47 AM
HatCat's Avatar
HatCat HatCat is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my hat.
Posts: 16,236
Default

Mupen64, 1964, and Nemu64 support NetPlay.

For Mupen64k there is a download for Windows hosted here.
http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/
  #10  
Old 10th June 2009, 05:38 AM
egrll egrll is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswedlow View Post
Mupen64, 1964, and Nemu64 support NetPlay.

For Mupen64k there is a download for Windows hosted here.
http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/

Just wow. I had no idea just how big this whole N64 emulation was. =]
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.