Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Cheats

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 4th August 2014, 07:44 PM
retroben's Avatar
retroben retroben is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 681
Default

I've been known for those kind of codes,I will try my best.

Edit: DAMN I'M GOOD!

Wave Race 64 (U) (v1.1)

Gameplay 30fps
800D461F 0002
Too bad the game speeds up too much when (0001) 60fps.

If you need it for the 1.0 version,I will have to get the "nitro" out.

Edit2:Don't forget to set the Counter Factor to 1 for full fps.

You can use (minus) to slow down the 60VI/fps to 30VI/fps to use less VI/s.

Last edited by retroben; 4th August 2014 at 08:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 4th August 2014, 09:31 PM
emusa emusa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 0
Default

Holy sh*t, that's just fantastic! thanks a lot man U rock!

Is there a possibility to get a steady 30fps with Zelda Ocarina of Time as well? I have your 60fps hack - but I think it speeds up a little too much. I would much rather prefer a steady 30fps.

edit 1: 30fps plays great with the Wave Race 64 (U) (v1.1) ROM, so much smoother now!

edit 2: would the Ocarina of time 30fps cheat happen to be 801C6FA1 0002? Because the 60fps one is 801C6FA1 0001 right..?

Last edited by emusa; 4th August 2014 at 09:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 4th August 2014, 09:41 PM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusa View Post
Holy sh*t, that's just fantastic! thanks a lot man U rock!

Is there a possibility to get a steady 30fps with Zelda Ocarina of Time as well? I have your 60fps hack - but I think it speeds up a little too much. I would much rather prefer a steady 30fps.

edit 1: 30fps plays great with the Wave Race 64 (U) (v1.1) ROM, so much smoother now!

edit 2: would the Ocarina of time 30fps cheat happen to be 801C6FA1 0002? Because the 60fps one is 801C6FA1 0001 right..?
Yes, 2 = 30 fps.

Honestly, I think raising the speed messes up the audio. But it's still an interesting code .
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 5th August 2014, 01:41 PM
emusa emusa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMaster View Post
Yes, 2 = 30 fps.

Honestly, I think raising the speed messes up the audio. But it's still an interesting code .
It doesn't mess up the audio at all. I played Waverace64 for about half an hour and there weren't any soundglitches of weind stutters in framerate. It really just is a better experience this way.

(using glide64 2.0.0.1 and Azimer's 0.70 WIP 1)
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 5th August 2014, 06:26 PM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,010
Default

I'll admit I didn't try it on PJ64 2.1. I can't imagine that being better than what I already tried though ;/ . But hey, maybe I'll learn something new .

Good choice of plugins though .

Still, I honestly think it runs too fast, but to each their own.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 7th August 2014, 06:38 AM
emusa emusa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 0
Default

I wonder, which games other support a 30fps 801xxxx 0002 (30fps) cheat-code?

Waverace64 has a sub-30 framerate and the Zelda's do as well - that's why I'm so happy with the @30 lock. Any other known N64 games with framerates locked @below 30?

Last edited by emusa; 7th August 2014 at 06:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10th August 2014, 07:05 PM
retroben's Avatar
retroben retroben is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 681
Default

My worst enemy of 30fps limits,Super Mario 64,and Mario Kart 64.
There is no certain part in either of these games that runs at a different framerate,which makes it extremely difficult to find the 60fps codes for them.

I can keep trying,but don't expect me to have as much luck as I did in the other games.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11th August 2014, 08:44 PM
emusa emusa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
My worst enemy of 30fps limits,Super Mario 64,and Mario Kart 64.
There is no certain part in either of these games that runs at a different framerate,which makes it extremely difficult to find the 60fps codes for them.

I can keep trying,but don't expect me to have as much luck as I did in the other games.
Yeah I understand.

But Mario64 and Mario Kart 64 both run @ steady 30fps right?

What I really meant was; are there any more games with a fixed framerate below 30fps; such as Waverace 64, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time?

For these games, a 30fps code would mean a great boost & smoother gameplay. As is the case with Waverace 64 and both Zelda's.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12th August 2014, 06:23 PM
retroben's Avatar
retroben retroben is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 681
Default

Just mention a game that you notice a choppy framerate in.
Using PJ64 2.1.0.1 (or Fruit Edition) is a must,because older versions are nowhere near as smooth.

First,try various settings to prove that it has a weak framerate in the game itself.
Set the game's counter factor to 1 and RDRAM (expansion pak) to 8MB.
If the VI refresh rate is 1500,change it to 2200 for a smoother framerate.

After these things,change the speed display to DLists so the framerate is your actual FPS instead of 60VI/s.
If the Dlists read 20 in speed,the game is running at potentially 20fps.
DLists accelerate to the main speed instead of going to 100% instantly.

Tip:HLE Audio messes with your framerate smoothness because it causes you to drop frames.
Uncheck/untick "High Level Audio?" to smoothen the framerate.
LLE is usually the default Audio setting which works in basically all Audio plugins.
Shunyuan's plugin for Audio is actually the best for at least Banjo-Tooie,it even has uber-high quality with no slowdowns.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12th August 2014, 07:01 PM
RPGMaster's Avatar
RPGMaster RPGMaster is offline
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Tip:HLE Audio messes with your framerate smoothness because it causes you to drop frames.
Uncheck/untick "High Level Audio?" to smoothen the framerate.
LLE is usually the default Audio setting which works in basically all Audio plugins.
Shunyuan's plugin for Audio is actually the best for at least Banjo-Tooie,it even has uber-high quality with no slowdowns.

If anything, HLE would give you a smoother framerate... It sounds like you're just thinking about shunyuan's laughable "HLE" audio.

If you like slow audio, then stick with shunyuans audio ;/ . I prefer faster audio, so I use Azimer's & sometimes 1964 Audio.

Anyway, the only reason your "HLE" audio "messes with your framerate smoothness" is because shunyuan's HLE is terrible. It uses an outdated version of HatCat's RSP, not to mention compiled with an inferior compiler too. So yes, LLE recompiler is going to be faster than an outdated LLE interpreter.

In other words, your computer can barely handle the game if a few extra cpu% cause you to drop framerate. In that case 1964 ultrafast + azimer's hle audio, will be better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.