Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Cheats

Old 25th November 2015, 07:57 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Just one code,the ASM one is stronger since it doesn't normally change like the other one does.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:50 AM

I was thinking... What about codes that always show high poly models?
Running the games at HD resolutions makes the LOD models a little annoying.

This would help especially in GoldenEye and Perfect Dark multiplayer, where you would avoid the blocky characters and weird transitions. Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda, Conker and sport games such as the ISS series would benefit too. I'm sure a lot of games would.

I haven't heard of any codes like these, so I'm aware it would be really complicated.

Last edited by Sogun; 7th December 2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 7th December 2015, 02:08 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I know toads tool 64 lets you edit the ROM to have it always show the high poly model of mario.
Old 7th December 2015, 08:20 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

For multiplayer stuff,it likely uses different models altogether,like Banjo-Tooie for instance uses a different model image with alt colors support,and is the only way to have different color players,and other characters most likely don't have respective higher resolution models (not compatible) either.

If all characters exist in higher poly versions,it can be done,but I sadly can't do much when it comes to multiplayer stuff.
Old 8th December 2015, 09:14 AM

I can probably do it manually with the GE Setup Editor, but there are so many models that I thought maybe a code was easier, heh.

I'll add that to my 'to do' list. I can make a patch for a GoldenEye DX version. Multiplayer level allocations can be fixed to enable 4P in all of them (I already did that). I wonder if there are things in the solo missions that can be improved as well (maybe some textures). Same with Perfect Dark.
These improved games will work on the real hardware, but performance will be worse.

The GE Setup Editor now supports Diddy Kong Racing too, but I'm not sure if you can replace models in this version. Same with Jet Force Gemini, but I think this game doesn't suffer from LOD (I haven't played it on emu, and I didn't notice anything on console back in the day).

Thanks ExtremeDude2 for pointing me out about Toad's Tool being able to edit models. I'll try that when I have some free time, because I need to learn about how to use it first. Do you know if this kind of hack will run in the actual N64?
Old 8th December 2015, 08:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I don't believe toads tool will run on a real n64, but I do believe that it is possible to fix that. (I actually was just looking into this)
Old 14th April 2016, 05:57 AM

If it doesn't matter I would like to request a code (since you seem to want request's)

My request is a few codes for "Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (USA)"

1st would be a code that makes you take a specific amount of extra damage
EX: Player takes 2x 4x 6x or 8x normal damage, it would be one that you could choose
I personally just want the 4x but for anyone else who wants to use a different x damage modifier. would be neat to include

2nd would be a code that makes you're magic meter consumed twice as much from using magic (making magic potions useful)

3rd and last would maybe be a modifier for what % time flows at
EX: time flows 10/20/30/40/50/100 percent faster

4th (Maybe) a code to make the final boss have more HP? out of all the idea's here this one doesn't really matter

and that's all I can think of for Majora's Mask

If you can't tell already. I'm looking for codes to make Hardcore Majora's Mask, cause Zelda games can be a little to casual. and I want a new challenge going threw it again, I'm enjoying the hell out of playing OOT with just a 4x damage intake code honestly ^^
so it got me thinking what Majora's Mask would be like with the codes I mentioned

Take you're time and if you can't make all these work that's fine, thanks for reading :]
Old 14th April 2016, 05:33 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

So basically an equivalent of Hero Mode.

Time flow should be easily hacky-able with activators changing the value every time you could alter it with reverse SoT.
The proper way would take some lengthy searching to see if the values are stored normally in the ASM portion of RDRAM.

As for magic,it may be really difficult or possibly easy if I can find the ASM equivalents to every item's magic usage,the Lens of Truth most likely has a counter for each segment of magic as a delay,but you could ignore that and fake out the challenge by leaving it on instead of spamming it to prevent magic loss.
Other things that use one hit value to drop magic might be easy to find,unless they are absent from the RDRAM.

The boss health might be complicated from it having multiple phases,so that may be the most difficult one to get.

Edit: Damn that was really quick!

Damage Multiplier
D009B3EC 0080
81750EE2 ????
2C83 1/4 Damage
2C43 1/2 Damage
2C03 1x Damage
2BC3 2x Damage
2B83 4x Damage
2B43 8x Damage
2B03 16x Damage
2AC3 32x Damage

Ported from OOT.

Magic Use Mod (uses hacky method)
D01F35A3 0002
801F35A3 0006
D01F35A3 0004
801F35A3 0009
D01F35A3 0008
801F35A3 0010
I think this is about right,do you?
If you change them,make sure none match the activator values or it will combine into the highest change.
Now 02 is sword charge and spit bubbles,04 is Fire and Ice Arrows,and 08 is Light Arrows.
You can switch the 06 and 09 to 03/05 and 08 to make them less vicious.
Things like lens of truth and Goron roll use a different address that is hardcoded for draining it,so IDK what to do for that.

Playing the inverted song with values other than all 0 makes it always "return to normal" unfortunately.

Time Flow Speed
811EF684 xxxx
811EF686 xxxx
0000,0000=Normal
0000,0001=Fast
0000,0002=Faster
0000,0003-0000,000F=Even faster speeds.
FFFF,FFFE=Inverted Speeds

Edit 2: Better code for magic!

Magic Usage Multiplier
81115DC6 xxxx
2C00= 1x Magic Use
2C40= 2x Magic Use
2C80= 4x Magic Use

Last edited by retroben; 19th April 2016 at 12:48 AM.
Old 14th April 2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
So basically an equivalent of Hero Mode.

Zelda OOT Damage Notes (for porting to MM later):
0x800FE49C val=0080
0x8038E5EA val-default=2C03

Time flow should be easily hacky-able with activators changing the value every time you could alter it with reverse SoT.
The proper way would take some lengthy searching to see if the values are stored normally in the ASM portion of RDRAM.

As for magic,it may be really difficult or possibly easy if I can find the ASM equivalents to every item's magic usage,the Lens of Truth most likely has a counter for each segment of magic as a delay,but you could ignore that and fake out the challenge by leaving it on instead of spamming it to prevent magic loss.
Other things that use one hit value to drop magic might be easy to find,unless they are absent from the RDRAM.

The boss health might be complicated from it having multiple phases,so that may be the most difficult one to get.
Hmm. well for the boss you could just make the last phase have more health, But like I said. not really concerned about that one being done I was just thinking of other ways to make the game harder. I would say the same thing about the magic. just kinda brainstorming,
Thanks for the reply
Old 14th April 2016, 11:32 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

In the process of finding the boss health stuff,but look at my earlier post edit for the other codes.

Edit: Can't find it sorry.

Last edited by retroben; 15th April 2016 at 12:56 AM.