Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v1.6

Old 30th June 2009, 05:16 AM

Unhappy Video/Audio/RSP/Input plugins missing or invalid?

hey guys. just got a new system and am trying to get N64 emulators goin. naturally i got project64 first

i have a couple errors poppin up however. when i try to start up, i get for error messages saying:
"The default or selected video/audio/RSP/input plugin is missing or invalid."

It then tells me to go to settings and select a plugin. after pressing ok on all the error messages it takes me to settings, however under each of the categories none of the plugins show up (the drop down boxes are all blank).now i've researched and found that others have had this same issue. and i have tried the solutions others have suggested (making sure the plugins are all in the right folders, re-installing P64) but none of them have worked. And i haven't deleted the plugins either, i still have the inluded Jabo plugins AND they're in the right 'plugin' folder and still nothing...*sigh*

Please guys, i need help here...i've tried most of all the solutions others have suggested, i even tried downloading 1964 and it worked...but played the zelda-OOT emulator like garbage (title screen all messed up)...is there something im doing wrong? should i try downloading differant plugins and using those? (if so...which ones?)

ANY help at all would be fantastic. this is my first issue with project 64, i dont want it to damage my opinion on its reliance. Thanks
- Nathan aka Jusumdude
Old 30th June 2009, 09:04 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Can you upload screen shots of two things?
  • the Plugin folder after right-click to set to "Details" view
  • from Options\Settings... the "Directories" tab results
Old 1st July 2009, 03:18 AM

umm...no...i dont actually know how to do that...but if you tell me exactlyt wut it is u want to see i can tell u in great depth. is this part of a solution?
Old 1st July 2009, 09:09 AM

I HAVE VICTORY...but i kinda dont at the same time...i've figured out how to get project to run on my latop (vista) without all these "plugin missing or invalid" messages...

Basically the entire time i was trying to run project 64 on my 'user' account, and not my admin account (i use my user as the primary, i have two accounts for security reasons). Once i tried installing and running project64 and a ROM on my admin account everything worked.

But im wondering.

Do any of u know why this is? im new to vista and have become aware that there are 'complications'...the performance of an emulator on a user account wasn't one i anticipated.,,and to the NEW main question...is their any way i can fix this? so that i can play my N64 ROMS on my user? Sure i can settle with playing them on the admin account if i need to...but i'd rather have them all in one place, u follow me?

Remember that i've tried virtually every solution i could think of and most solutions i've found over the net...this might be some sorta tweak from vista and its UAC (user account control)...u think?

Hmmmm...im definately VERY pleased i can now run the ROMS on my laptop...it would just be PERFECT if i could find a way to make them run on my User account...Any help/solutions guys?
Again any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks -Nate
Old 1st July 2009, 10:08 AM

PS: i've checked...and apparently this whole "losing the plugins or unable to identify/show the plugins despite the fact they're THERE" issue is effecting ALL my emulator programs "aside from the ones that dont need plugins" (such as Fceux-Nintendo NES, and Zsnes-Super nintendo)...

The effected emulators:
- Dolphin (gamecube/wii)
- Project 64
- Epsxe (playstation 1)

All of these emulators don't start up properly in the same tweaked fashion as the issue with Project 64, with obnoxious error popups saying in one way or another that plugins are missing or invalid.

Now i really wanna get this fixed, i dont wanna have to keep logging back and forth between acounts to play my emulators...but if i must i must...again i ask...ANYONE know why this may be...i suppose i've helped substantially deduce the problem to "the use of emulators in the vista *user* accounts, and missing/unidentifying of plugins"

Thanks again guys -Nate
Old 1st July 2009, 11:41 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Vista right?

applications installed to Program Files and launched without administrative privs in Vista, are not granted access to the local folder, it is maps transparently to a virtual store.

Either move all your emulators into a Folder created off the main C: directory, or run them all with the run with administrative permissions compatibility switch.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:56 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well, thankfully my account on Vista doesn't have sufficient privileges to upgrade.
Old 2nd July 2009, 06:31 AM

Smile I think I Have an Answer

The exact same thing happened to me!!! But everything's running good now. what I did was, go to the project64 files and lick on PJ64 Nintendo64 Emaluator and it will install, then just do the usual... selct rom, and it will work (hopefully)

p.s. i reccomend a game called worms armogeddon or worms world party. the latter is the best. ok hope you found this helpful.