Old 3rd May 2015, 06:01 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank74 View Post
Does rsp.dll still read from rsp_conf.cfg? Only it creates instead a bin file with default settings (32 * 0).
The newer one reads from rsp_conf.bin only.
Old 3rd May 2015, 06:10 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Yeah the .cfg file was managed through some C# GUI that I stopped bundling (wanted to get rid of the MSVCRT dependency, plus it was closed-source so I had no clue what it was about). Currently it's just going to read/write a 32-byte BIN file, which is fine as long as you're happy with just LLE graphics && LLE audio. To make it HLE audio you would have to hex-edit the BIN file or just edit the C source to set it.

so no more cfg file
Old 3rd May 2015, 07:46 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatCat View Post
Yeah the .cfg file was managed through some C# GUI that I stopped bundling (wanted to get rid of the MSVCRT dependency, plus it was closed-source so I had no clue what it was about). Currently it's just going to read/write a 32-byte BIN file, which is fine as long as you're happy with just LLE graphics && LLE audio. To make it HLE audio you would have to hex-edit the BIN file or just edit the C source to set it.

so no more cfg file
And why bother then creating the bin file, if it can't be changed without hex editing, and always reset to default on End Emulation?

I do like to use it with either HLE audio or gfx sometimes. Any chance of it ever getting added to Project64? So it can just use the plugin HLE/LLE settings. That would be nice.

Last edited by Frank74; 3rd May 2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 3rd May 2015, 09:24 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It was always meant to use binary storage to a bin file.

There was only a period of time where it used a CFG, text-based configuration file `rsp_conf.cfg', because the guy who was writing the C# GUI for me had problems with low-level memory access. He required that I do a text-based config instead, so for the time I obliged. I lost interest in having a config UI because it forced me to depend on MSVCRT/USER32 which were irrelevant to RSP emulation functions. I got rid of the GUI.

There are only 3 things left to configure now: HLE/LLE graphics, HLE/LLE audio, and whether to risk doing the semaphore lock corrections. Only 3 possible things to configure does not warrant a strong urge in me to prefer having a GUI.

Quote:
And why bother then creating the bin file, if it can't be changed without hex editing, and always reset to default on End Emulation?
shouldn't be resetting on end emulation...should be storing and remembering settings in the bin

A couple years ago, before I got anyone's help with making a RSP GUI to config the plugin, I was going to release a separate executable to configure the plugin's settings. It would be a separate EXE where you could do things like call it on a batch script with -g or -G for HLE gfx on/off, etc., so there would be no need for me to implement a GUI.

I could just supply the batch files so people could double-click them mid-way, whether or not emulation is running already, then it would update the HLE/LLE settings just as quickly as if they had done it through a GUI, if not even faster.

Besides, pure engineering is more important than flashy effects or UIs.

Quote:
I do like to use it with either HLE audio or gfx sometimes. Any chance of it ever getting added to Project64? So it can just use the plugin HLE/LLE settings. That would be nice.
Yes I was thinking about it. I still have to investigate what it's like to implement the Rsp #1.2 plugin specs where it was changed to resemble the Mupen64Plus philosophy of centralizing configuration settings registered through the core instead. I might have to find some dynamic way to detect what version of Project64 is running and set PluginInfo -> Version to 0x0102 based on that to enable it.

Config just hasn't been on the top of my head these days, but I still plan to adjust it, just haven't gotten around to it.
Old 10th June 2015, 03:39 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Have an update for this issue.

Until I add support for the "Use HLE GFX?" and "Use HLE Audio?" checkbox options built into the Project64 2.x GUI this workaround for non-pj64 emulators should do fine in the meantime.

Quote:
I've attached a little console app that we can use to change the HLE/LLE settings quickly without having to hex-edit the rsp_conf.bin file.

Basically just double-click spconfig.exe, and it will ask 2 questions. Enter '0' (or 'N' or 'n' or any ASCII character that represents an even number) to respond NO or '1' (or 'Y' or 'y' or any ASCII character that represents an odd number) to respond YES.

The questions are
1) Use HLE gfx?
2) Use HLE audio?

Note that if you answer no to both (enter '0' then '0' again) there will be a third question about forcing the SP_SEMAPHORE_REG timing emulation with the hack that only Project64 2.x supports (this question will also affect SR64 and WDC64, Gauntlets etc.).

Also, you don't have to enter one single character at a time ('0' then '0' then '0' to answer NO to all 3 questions); you could just double-click the exe and enter "000" to instantly answer 3 no's and you're done.

The exe will always create/overwrite rsp_conf.bin in the directory you run it in. Doesn't matter whether a conf .bin exists already.

Finally you should be able to pick "Configure RSP Plugin..." from within the emulator GUI to refresh/re-import the rsp_conf.bin file in case you changed it with this console app while emulation was already running. Let me know if there are any problems with this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spconfig.zip (1.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 10th June 2015, 02:17 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I get spconfig.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Edit: Built the source myself and it works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip spconfig.zip (2.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Frank74; 10th June 2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10th June 2015, 02:31 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Heh. Compiling from source is always a nice thing.

Probably the exe I uploaded fails for you because it's 64-bit, and I'm not sure whether it's even possible to link a 64-bit EXE that works on Windows XP. (The minimum OS version is required to always be >= 5.2 which I think means Windows Server 2008 or something, which is just after XP.) Oh well. If I end up distributing this with the next release of my RSP I'll just release 32-bit exe.

edit, unless we know of a way to make the 64-bit build work on windows xp. If I knew how to test I would just do that.

Last edited by HatCat; 10th June 2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 27th January 2017, 08:23 PM

Default Nothing beyond 0.70WIP4

Where is this magical WIP4? The latest azimer audio plugin i could find was wip4
Old 27th January 2017, 09:14 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAmusing777 View Post
Where is this magical WIP4? The latest azimer audio plugin i could find was wip4
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/55161...WIP-4-Feedback
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM 10600
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1 TB HDDs
Monitor: 23" Asus Full HD LED

Oh, and Snes9x > Zsnes in every way
Old 27th January 2017, 09:49 PM

Default Whoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
Meant to say wip5/6