Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 21st May 2013, 04:08 PM

Default Can't figure out how to install Texture Pack

Hi, I dumped the textures using Jabo's Direct3D8 (default plug-ins) and I did the Pack.xml file and this is what's inside it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<pack>
<supported>
<rdb>A4BF9306-BF0CDFD1-C:45</rdb>
</supported>
<author>JP</author>
<version>1</version>
<description>BJTP Shippie</description>
</pack>

However when I load the zip it say's it's an invalid texture pack file, I'm new to dumping textures and the texture packs I downloaded also show me that error so what am I doing wrong here?

BTW the game's Banjo Kazooie (1.0) (U)
Old 19th July 2013, 08:17 AM

I don't think the default graphic plugin supports hires texturepacks.
Old 19th July 2013, 01:45 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.something should (definitely at least b56 should if you can download that).

I'm not sure what's wrong with your pack.xml file. It mostly looks correct, but it's been 6 years since I made my own retexture with any plugins, so I don't exactly remember Jabo's XML structure.

Did you make sure that the A4BF9306-BF0CDFD1 are the two CRC32 checksums stored in the 64-byte ROM header of the game you're trying to load the pack to, and that ROM header + 0x3E is 'E' for the USA (C:45 part of your code) region?
Old 19th July 2013, 04:56 PM

Default The Easiest Solution Ever.

First I would recommend you use a glide wrapper like nGlide and configre it to your liking....then use the Glide64 for PJ64 plugin, enable texture enhancement, close the configurations settings, open them up again, go to the texture enhancement tab. Under the Method drop box, select rice formula, uncheck save cache to hard disk. Create a new folder called "hires_texture" in the Plugins/GFX directory, in the directories settings, change the textures option to the folder you just created.

Now unpack the folder in the zip file that contains all your enhanced textures and place that folder into the "hires_textures" folder and leave the named folde named as it is. If it is a bunch of textures and no folder in the zip file...create a folder that matches the internal name of the ROM. To find that info you rightclick on a rom in project 64's rom selection menu and click on "ROM Information".

Setting up your plugin options is very necessary to match your video card so let the tool tips guide you.

Now in case you get frame buffer slowdowns there is another thing you should do. Uncheck "Hide Advanced Settings" in the Project 64 settings menu. Simply Right click on the game and then on "Game Settings" Uncheck "Fixed Audio Timing" and nothing else...boom...smooth frame rate with Vertical Sync enabled With Jabbo's Direct 3D8, if your video card drivers are handling vertical sync....set the sync method to "Copy Memory".
Old 24th July 2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally123 View Post
use the Glide64 for PJ64 plugin, enable texture enhancement, close the configurations settings, open them up again, go to the texture enhancement tab. Under the Method drop box, select rice formula, uncheck save cache to hard disk. Create a new folder called "hires_texture" in the Plugins/GFX directory, in the directories settings, change the textures option to the folder you just created.

Now unpack the folder in the zip file that contains all your enhanced textures and place that folder into the "hires_textures" folder and leave the named folde named as it is. If it is a bunch of textures and no folder in the zip file...create a folder that matches the internal name of the ROM. To find that info you rightclick on a rom in project 64's rom selection menu and click on "ROM Information".

Setting up your plugin options is very necessary to match your video card so let the tool tips guide you.
I came here wondering the same, in how to install a texture pack, yet for me it isn't working. i am trying to use Djipi's cellpack for Majora's mask, yet despite my attemps yeilds nothing. i am also using pj64 2.1, if that helps.
Old 16th August 2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snesdna View Post
I came here wondering the same, in how to install a texture pack, yet for me it isn't working. i am trying to use Djipi's cellpack for Majora's mask, yet despite my attemps yeilds nothing. i am also using pj64 2.1, if that helps.

I have a nVidia card so the Glide64 settings would be different from those who have Intel or AMD integrated graphics..or AMD Radeon Graphics as well. The Tool tips are basically just balloons set to show up when your cursor hovers over the setting. Also, be sure to clear the Cache files each time you change ANY setting. I hope that helps a bit more.