Old 7th August 2011, 05:57 PM

Default Majora's Mask and Navi

Hello,

when you start MM, the story goes that link was searching for something which appeared to be navi or atleast hint it. So after finshing MM, where's Navi?

Thanks,
Old 7th August 2011, 07:00 PM

Nowhere.

It *is* heavily implied that after OoT Navi just wandered off without Link's knowledge or without him being happy with it, and now he's wandering around searching for this obnoxious/unreliable fairy. But nevertheless, Navi is not referred to at any point.

I think they just stuck the implication in so there'd be some sort of reference to previous games. But Zelda games don't follow a consistent timeline at all, they just keep *hinting* that they do
Old 7th August 2011, 07:31 PM

When your start the game, it says link is on a personal quest looking for a friend and at that point a familiar sound plays. A navi sound effect. So even though it doesn't mention/show navi, the sound effect is navi's. I agree the timelines don't follow but MM leechs a lot off OoT and it wouldn't be correct in saying it was completely different. Are you sure there's nothing to do with navi?

Even if it isn't navi he's looking for, does he complete his personal mission? The reason he wandered into the forest in the first place?
Old 7th August 2011, 07:41 PM
Project Supporter

Uh, the "navi" sound effect is the general fairy dash sound effect. Seeing as how you're being stalked by two fairies, sense is made as this sound plays.

As for what happens, you know when you fall down that hole big hole, and see all those faces? Yeah you just traveled to a different dimension, the anti-pode to Hyrule. This is why some sprites were re-used. It wasn't just because Nintendo was lazy.

This also explains why the Happy Mask Salesman disappears at the end, instead of walking away. He just vanishes. He, and the skull kid, have the power to transcend the dimensions.

As for navi I have no idea where she went, but she's the cursor in Twilight Princess so maybe she got captured and attached to an IR sensor
Old 7th August 2011, 07:49 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Who gives a shit about Navi? Navi was one of the many reasons why OOT shouldn't have existed, not why it should, so why would you seek it out in MM? Rather than leeching off of OOT, MM reinstated it properly.
Old 7th August 2011, 07:51 PM

Another dimension?!? So does link return to his afterwards?

Also, I still don't know if he completed his personal mission unless he was looking for trouble.
Old 7th August 2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Who gives a shit about Navi? Navi was one of the many reasons why OOT shouldn't have existed, not why it should, so why would you seek it out in MM? Rather than leeching off of OOT, MM reinstated it properly.
So if I understood correctly, you don't like navi and it makes it a worse game with it in. The fairy in MM, does the exact same thing. Plus there's two. So doesn't that make MM twice as worse?
Old 7th August 2011, 07:55 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

That preface about blah blah, boy who after parting ways, in search of a beloved and invaluable friend, blah blah, is pretty much at the beginning of every other Zelda game. Nobody's personal mission ever seems to end during their lifetime.
Old 7th August 2011, 07:56 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well I never said that I don't like Navi, just that it was a counterexample of reasons for OOT to exist.

People hated her "HAY!" 24-7 bitching after all. Personally I didn't care either way, but most people felt it as a detractment from OOT. I could think of bigger reasons than that, though.

And the fairy in MM does not do the exact same thing XD. Neither of them nag you; you just hear a bell ring from the only one that goes with Link.
Old 7th August 2011, 08:37 PM

There is nothing wrong with

Hey

Listen

iron boots

water temple

people complain too much.

I haven't played nearly all the zelda games. I just thought there may be something more to this quest. Just makes OoT that little bit better