Old 9th January 2013, 04:24 PM

Question Xbox 360 analog moving issue

First off thanks to every one who developed project 64 and everyone who helps in the forum. My issue is with xbox 360 controller when i play goldeneye. Im not home right now so incant look exactly at the plug in version im using right now but it nrage with xinput i have rumble mempak all is good settings are good. I have 2 issues right now: no matter what stick i use right or left i cant move diagonaly in goldeneye.. I havent tested other games yet. I can move diagonaly with d pad but i want to use dual analog. I cant move diagonaly when i assign c buttons or n64 stick to any left or rigt stick from xbox controller. I have no problem diagonaly with camera view though. Weird. My second issue is i cant assign c buttons on any buttons of my xbox controller... Only on sticks and maybe d pad didnt try but i cant assign any c buttons on a b x or y ... Anyhhoo thanks ill give more details when i get home about wich version i have. Hope somebody can help thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 05:52 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

try nrage 2.3c
Old 9th January 2013, 09:09 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmaskdan View Post
First off thanks to every one who developed project 64 and everyone who helps in the forum. My issue is with xbox 360 controller when i play goldeneye. Im not home right now so incant look exactly at the plug in version im using right now but it nrage with xinput i have rumble mempak all is good settings are good. I have 2 issues right now: no matter what stick i use right or left i cant move diagonaly in goldeneye.. I havent tested other games yet. I can move diagonaly with d pad but i want to use dual analog. I cant move diagonaly when i assign c buttons or n64 stick to any left or rigt stick from xbox controller. I have no problem diagonaly with camera view though. Weird. My second issue is i cant assign c buttons on any buttons of my xbox controller... Only on sticks and maybe d pad didnt try but i cant assign any c buttons on a b x or y ... Anyhhoo thanks ill give more details when i get home about wich version i have. Hope somebody can help thanks
Try N-Rage DirectInput 2.3c , now featuring a free service link.

btw that's not an XInput plugin^, but if you upgrade to 2.3c it is =o

Or, use an Xinput plugin specifically for them Xbawcks controllers:billard's XInput Plugin or mudlord's "n64input" dll
Old 10th January 2013, 04:19 AM

I am using nrage 2.3c
Old 10th January 2013, 09:34 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Well just turn on "XInput" checkbox in the dll config.
Old 11th January 2013, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold E.T. View Post
Well just turn on "XInput" checkbox in the dll config.
It is already. Every setting is as it should be. The controller is fine i just cant move diagonaly (up right or up left or down left or down right) and i cant assign c buttons to buttons except the stick. I can assign them but they never stay. But i can move diagonaly with older version of nrage but i get no rumble feature to work for some reason.
Old 11th January 2013, 03:43 AM

This following post isnt mine but some had the same problem: Sorry for bringing this back up, but you know what is funny. I switched back to the original nrage plugin that comes with 1.6 instead of using the latest v2 beta and surprise surprise my diagonal input is recognized. So it has nothing to do with calibrations or only using official drivers instead of custom drivers. The plugin was the issue.

Paranoidmaskdan again here: i guess all i need right now it the c buttons and how exactly to turn on rumble for older nrage or if there is a fix for 2.3 i know where in the setting to turn rumble but it wont recognize it... The new 2.3 didnt either. I think but when i checked visual rumble it worked
Old 11th January 2013, 06:47 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
This following post isnt mine but some had the same problem: Sorry for bringing this back up, but you know what is funny. I switched back to the original nrage plugin that comes with 1.6 instead of using the latest v2 beta and surprise surprise my diagonal input is recognized. So it has nothing to do with calibrations or only using official drivers instead of custom drivers. The plugin was the issue.

Paranoidmaskdan again here: i guess all i need right now it the c buttons and how exactly to turn on rumble for older nrage or if there is a fix for 2.3 i know where in the setting to turn rumble but it wont recognize it... The new 2.3 didnt either. I think but when i checked visual rumble it worked
rumble works without selecting a FFB device with xinput controllers.

[strike]also your diagonal issue is certainly not reproducible, but alot of these issues rarely are.....[/strike]

finally got a reproduction of it.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Last edited by squall_leonhart; 22nd February 2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11th January 2013, 05:10 PM
Project Supporter

Quote:
i cant assign c buttons to buttons except the stick. I can assign them but they never stay.
I can reproduce this with XInput.
Just set them IN-GAME the way you want, and click "use." Even if it says "none" the next time you open the config dialog, your settings were properly saved before, so don't worry about it.
Old 12th January 2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I can reproduce this with XInput.
Just set them IN-GAME the way you want, and click "use." Even if it says "none" the next time you open the config dialog, your settings were properly saved before, so don't worry about it.
It doesnt work. I tried it before my 1st post theres an issue with 2.3c for diagonal for moving character and assigning c buttons to other buttons instead of the stick. Also with older version of nrage i can assign dpad up but it wont work at all in any games.

Tags
analog stick, issue, movement, plugins, xbox 360 controller