Old 14th June 2017, 10:00 PM

Question I can't change shortcut keys, help!

Hello there, i'm new in this forum, so back to what I was saying, I can't change shortcut keys even if they are unassigned, for example I remove both shortcut keys of "Pause" and "Save" options, and I want the "Save" option to be binded to VK_F2, but every time I get an error message saying: "Short-cut has already been assigned to another menu item.", even if the "Pause" shortcut has been unassigned, I know that on the bottom it's saying, "Currently assigned to: Pause". But I had removed the key for it, and it's still not working! Anyway the version of the emulator is 2.3.0.210, which is the new version, but this happens every time and I don't know why. Is there a way to solve this? Because I don't want to switch to another version, because I found out how to configure the shortcuts, in the "Settings" and to the "Keyboard Shortcuts" and changed the CPU state when the game is playing in fullscreen, I also know that I can put the Shortcut like this "Shift+F2", but I don't want to press and hold shift and then F2, I want it to just be binded to F2 to immediately save state my game, help me on this. I do know how to change hotkeys, but here I can't. Help is appreciated.
Old 14th June 2017, 11:50 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

I believe this problem was only fixed about a month ago. https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/1309

You can try my latest build here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2p7ys96a4...t64CF.zip?dl=1

Just extract it to your Project64 directory. Run Project64CF.exe. If it's working ok for you, delete your old Project64.exe and rename mine from Project64CF.exe to Project64.exe.

There've been hundreds of fixes since the last release version.
Old 16th June 2017, 01:10 AM

Thanks! I owe you one! That annoying error finally got fixed, I can now assign the "Save" option to F2 and the "Load" option to F4, and I can also assign "LimitFPS" to F6, but it doesn't really do anything, I've tested it in the older versions, it speeds up the game, but on the new version it doesn't speed up the game, but that's not a problem, because playing the game "real-time like" feels up a good experience, so anyway, thanks for the build, just when I press F2, it already save states my game!
Old 16th June 2017, 02:23 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

@Frank what is different with your build?
Old 16th June 2017, 02:48 AM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

You need to enable advanced settings for LimitFPS to work.

@theboy181
Nothing much different with my build compared to the latest master on github.
I reverted commit #984, because it caused crackling/stuttering with TWINE /RE2 etc using Jabo's audio.
https://github.com/Frank-74/project6...3081c8ce13eb62

And I made it possible to change default/global Counter Factor by adding CF=1 under the [default] section in Project64.cfg. Not adding it will work with the normal Counter Factor=2 default value.

Last edited by Frank74; 16th June 2017 at 02:50 AM.