Old 17th February 2020, 04:19 AM

Thumbs down OOT cheats don't work

I'm playing Ocarina of Time and using a QWRTY keyboard. It's fine for the most part, but I can't run the spiral leading to the Megaton Hammer. The levitation cheat doesn't work and the infinite hover boots is moot since I don't have them yet. Clearly the emulator sucks. That said, would it allow me to program a Microsoft game controller? I wasn't able to set up my mouse like a modern FPRPG, so a no here would not shock me.

For the record OOT isn't a game I've ever actually cheated on aside from exploiting the intrinsic game features. I just really wanted to finish the fire temple. If I can't oh well. No Gannon for me. Still plenty of stuff I can do in game otherwise.

Thanks in advace if there's a solution.
Old 17th February 2020, 04:28 AM

I did some reading and I have an update. I set it to hide advance settings and to remember cheats, neither of which made a difference. I'm running version 2.0 on an MSI gaming laptop. It cost me $1,200 so it was top of the line 3 years ago. The keyboard is ultra sensitive, which is why I don't use controllers often. Anyway, I saw there was a file I need to install, but I don't understand why it didn't come with the download of v.2.0. Wouldn't uninstalling and reinstalling be simpler? Or better: is there something about my system settings that need to be changed? I'll double check permissions, but I don't think that's it. The emulator runs (at least the games themselves) run flawlessly. The cheats don't have any effect whatsoever, off or on.

Thanks again in advance, otherwise sorry for the trouble.
Old 17th February 2020, 01:41 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

The newest version is 2.3.2
Old 17th February 2020, 09:25 PM

Dude, I downloaded the most recent one. I think about a month ago? Something like that.

So...is there any way to fix it or my settings? Or uninstall? This is a serious question. Please don't ignore it.

EDIT: Is there a hidden link to a different version? I googled and downloaded from there. I assumed it was the most current, but I guess I could have downloaded the wrong one by mistake. It was the link on the main page.
Old 17th February 2020, 09:32 PM

At the risk of being accoused of photoshop, I took a cell pic. Sorry it didn't rotate properly. This forum won't let me load it correctly. Point is I do, indeed, have the current version.

So...is there a solution?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200217_132627.jpg (91.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 17th February 2020, 09:44 PM

Okay, I have another update: *some* cheats work, but not all. I was playing around and managed to get the bottle settings working, more or less. I only had one so I had one filled with a fish and another with green potion. The second one appeared and the other did indeed have a fish in it. But the "have all equipment" option did nothing. STILL can't levitate. Can't use the boots/tunic settings, either. It seems the trivial stuff is working but the rest isn't.

I'm tired of asking for a solution. I'm at a point now here I think the emulator developers gave up and let it go zombie.

If there's another emulator that runs OOT someone please give me a link. This one is bullshit. Clearly no one reading even cares. It's likely no one even plays OOT anymore (other than speedrunners and YouTube creators). Yeah. An answer other than backhandedly telling me I'm stupid would be really really great. If one can't be mustered I'll assume this emulator is effectively dead.

Thanks...I guess.
Old 18th February 2020, 09:03 PM

All right. I ordered a vintage N64 controller and an adapter for PC as well as a USB corded aftermarket N64 controller. I'm really not sure which one will work better with my MSI gaming rig so what the hell? I noticed the USB one has the rumble pack and memory ports closed off. But I'm not even sure the rumble pack would work on PC anyway. I ask for information but I'm obviously expecting too much.

I love how deliberately unhelpful people are here. Why even have a forum if everyone is so elitist? Anyhow I'm sorry I've wasted everyone's time trying to figure things out. I recognize I'm too stupid to understand how 64 bit games work. If I could delete my forum account I would.
Old 19th February 2020, 02:23 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

People act this way because other people act entitled.
Old 19th February 2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeDude2 View Post
People act this way because other people act entitled.
Dude, I was asking for help. Therin lies my confusion. Gamers are known for elitism, so I guess I should have known better.
Old 20th February 2020, 02:21 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyan View Post
Clearly the emulator sucks.
Looks like you already reached a conclusion to me.