Go Back   Project64 Forums > Public Version > Project 64 - v2.x - Issues

Old 1st May 2012, 07:19 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Nice, do you have any controller paks? If so do they work?
Old 1st May 2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeDude2 View Post
Nice, do you have any controller paks? If so do they work?
As in memory pak for saves? Yes I do, over 30 in fact. How would it work? saves to the pak instead of of PC?

Last edited by GotLoveForAll; 1st May 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 1st May 2012, 10:53 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLoveForAll View Post
As in memory pak for saves? Yes I do, over 30 in fact. How would it work? saves to the pak instead of of PC?
Well actually I dunno :/, try using the adaptoid plugin and see what it does , also you got some rumble paks? If so try those too
Old 11th May 2012, 08:29 PM

With my bad START button, I can't even recalibrate my controller. It flickers like crazy. In fact, everything flickers like crazy, but the START button does it even when I'm not pressing it! It's really horrible.
Old 7th June 2012, 03:05 PM

Having trouble getting the GCB to figure out the left trigger is not the Down C button, everytime I try to configure it, it decides it's down C instead of L trigger, Any thoughts?
Old 21st April 2013, 08:41 PM

Well this seems to be the place for me to let you know about my issues I've been having as of late.

I'm currently trying to replay OoT on P64, however I've had issues with my controller. I bought a USB adapter, its a cheap one which has been mentioned several times on this forum. Now, I used to use it and it was fine on my old laptop but now when I play the emulator will not recognise the C-buttons on my controller. With N-Rage's plugin it maps it as Z rotation and Z axis + and - respectively, but when I press the actual buttons there is no effect within the game.

However, when I play on my old laptop which has Windows vista there are no discernible issues whatsoever. Is there a solution to this? Have I missed something in the forums?

To me it seems the fact that P64 has allocated and detected the 4 different buttons should be enough for it to work. I'm very confused.

Additionally, I'm using the latest N-Rage release. (V2.3c)
Old 21st April 2013, 08:57 PM

Strytec: drivers could be the issue (possibly). Sometimes drivers will work great with vista, but may have issues with Windows 7. When you use the controller did you need to install drivers or did you just let plug and play install it?
Old 6th May 2013, 07:29 AM

Default Mayflash adapter imputs not recognised

I've tried doing everything so far suggested. I've done the calibration thing, I've tried both ports, the different plugins provided. I even tried using an older version of the program. But still nothing. My computer recognizes the adapter, and I can select USB Gamepad from the dropdown menu but even so when I launch the game, no button presses are registered.

I have no idea what more I can do. I was excited about Project64, and went to the trouble to getting controller and adapter, but now...
Old 7th May 2013, 12:33 AM

Default Slightly different issue but same topic

Hello, first this is a great emulator and I have been enjoying getting to use it so far.

I have successfully set up a single controller using the Jabo DirectInput Plugin Version 1.7.0.11. The controller is calibrated and works great with every ROM I have tried. My issue comes in when I try to set up the other 2 controllers I have.

For some reason the emulator will not remember that I have set up controller 2 and 3 AND that I have checked the box indicating that a controller is plugged in. I will go in, set it up, check the plug in box, then close the window. When I return to the configuration page later the settings are gone.

Has anyone else had this problem? If not can someone suggest a next step to fixing this issue? I am using the same adapter that this thread is discussing btw.

Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 12:35 AM

This may seem to simple, and you may have already done this, but did you check the "plugged in" box on the controller tab? This was the issue I had when getting my single controller to work the first time.