Go Back   Project64 Forums > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Old 5th June 2011, 02:20 PM

Default Ocarina of time water temple

Hello,

I'm currently on the water temple and as far as I can remember, I have cheated in some form to complete the level. Is it possible to use the dungeon keys in a bad way that you get stuck? I always thought that's why I couldn't progress. I love the boss battle but not the dungeon itself. It is sooo difficult.

thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 07:09 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Um, no I don't think so, if I'm understanding your question right. Even if you don't use any cheat codes to give yourself infinite small keys or whatever, there's no way you can use the small keys you get in any particular order on certain doors in the temple that would permanently screw you from finding the remaining keys and unlocking the remaining ones.

It's just a pain in the ass to get a couple of them--not because it's hard or challenging, just because of the way that they're hidden and how frustrating it is to encircle the temple tens of times and still not find them XD.
Old 5th June 2011, 07:54 PM

Thanks.

I read that the master quest version is incredibly easier. That's confusing because i thought master quest was supposed to be harder. I couldn't play the fourth dungeon onwards because master quest has/had serious issues when trying to get epona out of ingo ranch. Ingo being the name of the new owner, I think that's his name.

That's another thing. The n64 version I played said ingo ranch when the evil guy took it over. Pj64 says lon lon ranch all the time. Reason being?

Thanks,
Old 5th June 2011, 09:05 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Um. Well I don't know why it was named "Lon Lon Ranch", but AFAIK it didn't have anything to do with who owned it (whether Talon or Ingo). That's a nice change though lol; I read that MQ was supposed to be harder or something. Then again, as far as the Water Temple goes, as if they could F that up any further than it already was. :P
Old 5th June 2011, 09:10 PM

It was a really long time ago since I played the n64 version, however, I am confident Talon's ownership is lon lon ranch and Ingo's ownership is ingo ranch.

Last edited by daaceking; 5th June 2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:17 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

It's always named Lon Lon Ranch on the N64 version. I didn't say anything about MQ XD.

It's not like anyone ever named it "Talon Ranch" or anything. I'm sure the "Ingo Ranch" thing was kinda more a MQ joke.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:21 PM

It's not mq I'm talking about. Master quest isn't on n64 is it? I'm talking about the original OoT. I'm absolutely sure it changes to ingo ranch.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:25 PM
Alpha Tester
Project Supporter

Whether you're sure or not is irrelevant. You haven't played the game since long and apparently have no idea what you're talking about XD.

Again, I'm not talking about MQ. Just because you play MQ and see it changes to "Ingo Ranch" doesn't mean you can go back in time and play the N64 version again and see it's the same result.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:33 PM

I'll just have to find a way to prove it won't I? I don't know how I'm going to prove it. I'll look for a YouTube video but I think my chances are limited.

You WILL believe me!
Old 5th June 2011, 09:51 PM

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Ingo

That link has reference to ingo ranch and doesn't have anything to do with master quest.

http://webspace.webring.com/people/f...rulefield.html

This page has nothing to do with master quest and mentions a sign post pointing towards ingo ranch saying ingo ranch. You may want to check if this is real because I don't know this one. If it is real, then why would the main place still be called lon lon ranch.

I also found out why lon lon ranch is called what it is. maLON taLON!